Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Does Anyone Have the Baby Lock Aerial Embroidery Machine >

Does Anyone Have the Baby Lock Aerial Embroidery Machine

Does Anyone Have the Baby Lock Aerial Embroidery Machine

Old 03-09-2020, 11:21 PM

Default Does Anyone Have the Baby Lock Aerial Embroidery Machine

This is my first baby lock machine that I just bought and I’m having really hard time finding any information on it. Does anyone know if it will take any Brother embroidery hoops or only Baby Lock hoops? Mine only came with the 5x7 and 8x12 hoops. The baby lock hoops seem to be more expensive than the brother hoops, so I wondering if they are interchangeable .
Old 03-10-2020, 04:18 AM

Congrats on your new machine! Lots of nice features on it. Check the front pages of your manual. There should be a list of accessories and the parts number. These are usually the same across the two brands.

You should be ok with the brother hoops. The 8x12 is one of my most used hoops.
Old 03-10-2020, 10:36 AM

I was really wanting a 4x4 smaller hoop for smaller designs. I also want the 26 piece foot kit, but Baby lock won’t show any of their prices. Do you know how much the foot kit sells for the Aerial?
Old 03-11-2020, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by sjw555 View Post
This is my first baby lock machine that I just bought and I’m having really hard time finding any information on it. Does anyone know if it will take any Brother embroidery hoops or only Baby Lock hoops? Mine only came with the 5x7 and 8x12 hoops. The baby lock hoops seem to be more expensive than the brother hoops, so I wondering if they are interchangeable .
you can use brother hoops. I also use generic feet except for the ruffler and walking foot, those are worth the extra dollars and babylock tends to mark their accessories higher so I always bought brother even when i had a babylock for that reason
Old 03-11-2020, 03:51 PM

Thanks. I’m also wanting to get some additional feet, like the edge cutting foot and the embroidery foot with led, but my machine has what what they are calling a mid high shank. Almost all the feet I found elsewhere says it’s for a low shank. I have a shank adapter, but I don’t really want to mess with using it every time I change the feet. Do you know of any other sources besides baby lock that sell feet for high shank machines, without having to use an adapter?
Old 03-12-2020, 01:08 PM

Can anyone tell me what wt I should be using for embroidery bobbin thread. My Baby Lock Aerial came with one spool of Finishing Touch 90wt bobbin thread. I need to get some more, but I’m sure if I should get 90wt or 60wt. Most places I found have 60wt, but very few have the 90wt.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:16 AM

As far as I know, most designs are digitized for 60 wt. thread in the bobbin. I've always used this weight and have had no problems. You could sure wind a lot of 90 wt. thread on a bobbin though.
Old 03-14-2020, 12:06 PM

So confusing. My manual and instruction videos from Baby lock, site says if I don’t use the Finishing Touch baby lock recommended thread, I will have to change out my bobbin case that came installed in my machine to an alternate one they gave me. with a purple dot. I don’t really want to keep changing my case, but it hard to find Finishing touch embroidery bobbin thread, without ordering online.
Old 03-14-2020, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by sjw555 View Post
So confusing. My manual and instruction videos from Baby lock, site says if I don’t use the Finishing Touch baby lock recommended thread, I will have to change out my bobbin case that came installed in my machine to an alternate one they gave me. with a purple dot. I don’t really want to keep changing my case, but it hard to find Finishing touch embroidery bobbin thread, without ordering online.
Can you check with your dealer for the correct bobbin case? The dealer should have a couple of classes for you so can get familiar with your machine. Look at page # 16 in your manual says you should have 3 cases, one with a green dot, one with no mark, and one with a gray mark for bobbin work. Bobbin work is on page 177. The one with green dot should have been on your machine originally. These are part # 36, 37, and 39.

I use the general bobbin case. It works with either 40 or weights just fine. In general, the ladies at the LQS don't switch out bobbin cases either. They are BL or brother machines.

I put these small accessories in a small zipper bag and marked them with the corresponding part number to keep them sorted.

Hope that helps!