Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Small hoop edge-to-edge >

Small hoop edge-to-edge

Small hoop edge-to-edge

Old 03-22-2020, 09:56 AM
DJ

Default Small hoop edge-to-edge

My largest hoop size is 5x7. My searches haven't found any edge-to-edge quilting designs for this small a hoop. Yes, it would take many hoopings, but I plan to do small projects with it.

Any links would be helpful. Thanks!
Old 03-23-2020, 03:25 AM

What type of designs do you want?

Check Anitagoodesign for quilting. Their designs come in different sizes.

What machine format do you use?
Old 03-23-2020, 06:05 AM
DJ

Thank you for your response.

I will check Anitagoodesign, but I am of the opinion that hers are quite expensive.

I have a Brother PE770 and I'm looking for edge-to-edge ... such as hearts, stars, whatever ...
Old 03-23-2020, 11:25 AM

You can try to Google Edge to Edge Embroidery designs. One that will pop up is Amalie Scott Designs. You can purchase her expansion packs that come with many designs - they come in different sizes.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:44 AM

Itoo have only the 5x7 hoop for my machine I have been able to do a larger size embroidery design by plotting out the larger design using my digitizing software. I don't know any other way to do it. If a design is larger that 4" it is rejected by the machine.
Old 04-26-2020, 05:19 AM

I have the edge to edge embroidery software mentioned , and I took the smallest size design ...which was 5 x 9..... into my editing software, Embird, and reduced it to fit my 5 x 7 hoop before I got a bigger hoop machine. I have done two lap quilts using Edge to Edge . It is time consuming, but I love the look.

Originally Posted by DJ View Post
My largest hoop size is 5x7. My searches haven't found any edge-to-edge quilting designs for this small a hoop. Yes, it would take many hoopings, but I plan to do small projects with it.

Any links would be helpful. Thanks!
Old 05-12-2020, 11:50 AM

It is time consuming to do multiple hoopings to get what you want. You might ask your dealer for their suggestions as they probably have dealt with this before.
Old 03-23-2021, 07:09 PM
DJ

Recently I have discovered that DesignsbyJUJU.com has numerous lovely quilt designs. Many are end-to-end single stitch designs. I'm using one now to quilt a small wall hanging. It has bears and evergreen trees. The prices are extremely reasonable and she has a sale often. They are half price right now.

She also has designs for individual blocks that resemble sashiko and other block designs with feathers, flowers, lots and lots of different ones.

I'm thrilled to see more quilting patterns being offered.
Old 04-01-2022, 01:47 AM

Celebrate machine embroidery- it containing 12 different projects, all of which are designed to be stitched out in a 5×7 hoop. Included are 3 edge-to-edge quilting designs that are perfect for place mats and other small projects.
Old 04-01-2022, 05:20 AM

I don't know if this is what you are looking for but I went to embroideryonline and did a search and found some designs and collections that were for quilting and most of the sizes where just a little less then 5 X 7 and they were in multiformat form available by download, CD, or USB. There were collections for classic, floral, and modern designs. Again, I haven't done much embroidery recently.