Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
North Carolina girl living on the Eastern Shore in Maryland >

North Carolina girl living on the Eastern Shore in Maryland

North Carolina girl living on the Eastern Shore in Maryland

Old 05-05-2020, 07:28 PM

Default North Carolina girl living on the Eastern Shore in Maryland

Hi I'm a newbie and have lots of questions. I'm finding I have a lot of time on my hands. Recently retired and picking up a new hobby. I crochet do needlework and read. Two small dogs that are my constant companions. And one of the sweetest husbands on the planet.
looking foward
Jeanne
Old 05-05-2020, 07:30 PM
Power Poster

Welcome from Ontario, Canada.👋
Old 05-05-2020, 09:27 PM

Howdy & welcome from Texas! This is a great quilting board & you will find it to be fun & encouraging. Ask as many questions as you can think up because there is always someone ready & willing to help you. We love pictures here & would really like to see what you are making in the way of quilts, crochet & needlework.
Old 05-06-2020, 02:40 AM
Power Poster

Welcome to the QB and happy quilting
Old 05-06-2020, 03:33 AM
Power Poster

Welcome from Michigan!
Old 05-06-2020, 04:16 AM

Howdy from across the bay in Delaware! I have family living in NC. You must think you have come to the land of flat up here. LOL you have some great quilt shops over your way and when we finally reopen and you get the chance checkout Serendipity Quilt Shop in Dagsboro, DE. Lots to learn and plenty of people on here willing to help.
Old 05-06-2020, 04:28 AM

A warm welcome from Southern Indiana!
Old 05-06-2020, 04:34 AM

Welcome to the QB from SE Michigan! You have come to the right place. Everyone here is welcoming and willing to help you along your journey. There are brand new quilters to very skilled quilters and everyone in between. Jump right in with your questions and I am sure someone will have an answer for you. Don't be shy. I am looking forward to seeing a great deal of you here. Again welcome to the QB!
Old 05-06-2020, 11:07 AM

Well hello, waving from a safe distance away in Seattle. I am also fortunate enough to have one of the best men in the world as my husband. I'm mostly west coast, but when I was a little girl my father was in the army and so we were at Ft Bragg NC, and then I spent visiting time in Pennsylvania, and the DC/Maryland/Virginia area in my teens -- but that's been a couple decades ago now.

I never did get the hang of crochet but I'm relearning to knit. We have a number of readers here, some of us are listeners. One of the nice things about audio books is I can quilt and listen at the same time -- two hobbies in one! On the other hand, the narrator gives you something else to like/not like. There have been narrators with voices that I would listen to anything they said, and there have been narrations that annoyed me so much I couldn't listen to that book.
Old 05-06-2020, 11:30 AM

Default Thank you

Originally Posted by Jadcock58 View Post
Hi I'm a newbie and have lots of questions. I'm finding I have a lot of time on my hands. Recently retired and picking up a new hobby. I crochet do needlework and read. Two small dogs that are my constant companions. And one of the sweetest husbands on the planet.
looking foward
Jeanne
Thanks for all the wonderful welcomes. just a few pictures of some of the stuff that I've done. I can actually find pictures of. I think I did this correctly and there are attached. Getting my supplies together and to start blizzard quilt. Looks friendly enough for newbie.