Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Suggestions for jelly rolls >

Suggestions for jelly rolls

Suggestions for jelly rolls

Old 05-25-2020, 07:15 AM

This is a quilt I made from a free pattern off the internet. It’s my favourite jelly roll quilt so far. Summer at the Lake Hopefully this link works to my post. It was on England Street Quilts website, as mentioned in my post. I believe it’s called Summer at the Park.

im having the same problem as you, trying to find a pattern I love that’ll use up 3 jelly rolls the same for a planned quilt I’ve changed my mind on

Last edited by Kwiltr; 05-25-2020 at 07:17 AM.
Old 05-25-2020, 08:03 AM

Also, depending on what you’re looking for, I’ve found several quilts that while they aren’t ‘advertised’ as a jelly roll quilt, they do use 2 1/2” pieces or smaller strips, where a jelly roll could be used. I like a quilt that doesn’t scream Jelly Roll personally, so that’s what I’ve been looking for. I made another quilt that can be made with a jelly roll called Interlock. If you google it, you’ll have no problem finding it. Here’s mine...sorry it’s sideways. I have more trouble uploading than I used to on here it seems. This quilt was actually not made with a jelly roll, I just cut my own strips .
Attached Thumbnails 4f911608-c6ef-4963-85d9-a05cfad0089b.jpeg  
Old 05-25-2020, 08:42 AM

Do you like modern design? I believe her name is Christa Wilson, she has a book using jelly rolls. The only one that I have made is called dots and dashes? Very easy and looks amazing with black background. Hope the information is correct.
Old 05-25-2020, 08:47 AM

Kwilter, that pattern is also called “summer in the park “ it’s an old pattern on MSQC. Your quilt is stunning!
Old 05-25-2020, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Ariannaquilts View Post
Do you like modern design? I believe her name is Christa Wilson, she has a book using jelly rolls. The only one that I have made is called dots and dashes? Very easy and looks amazing with black background. Hope the information is correct.

https://christaquilts.com/2018/08/17...introductions/ Here's the link for that one...it’s Christa Watson. It is a nice quilt!
Old 05-25-2020, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Ariannaquilts View Post
Kwilter, that pattern is also called “summer in the park “ it’s an old pattern on MSQC. Your quilt is stunning!
Thanks! Yes, I just saw the MSQC pattern this morning when I was looking for a picture...then remembered I’d posted my own on the QB. The England Street Quilts one is a free pattern.
Old 05-25-2020, 10:11 AM

Donna Jordan makes a lot of patterns with jelly rolls. Many of the patterns have YouTube video instructions to go with them.
https://jordanfabrics.com/pages/free...rns-thumbnails

I also got tired of using jelly rolls for rail fence quilts. I'm currently in the process of using jelly rolls to make a faux log cabin quilt. This project is still a work in progress, but this photo shows what 8 faux log cabin blocks from jelly rolls look like. Instructions for a faux log cabin block are here:
http://www.angelfire.com/va3/jclane/...xLogCabin.html
Attached Thumbnails faux-log-cabin-quilt.jpg  
Old 05-26-2020, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
These are done with 2 1/2” strips
Do you mind telling me what degree these strips are cut for this?
Old 05-26-2020, 08:13 PM

In ckcowl's picture, there are 8 diamonds all meeting at the very center - 360 degrees divided by 8 tells you that the diamonds were cut on 45 degree angle. (Math is fun! And useful.)