Pfaff 1371

Old 06-12-2020, 06:24 AM

Default Pfaff 1371

I do not know what year my Pfaff 1371 is, but it seems to be electronic so I'm sure it isn't vintage. I was just wonder if anyone could tell me where the fuse is located in this machine. It is not working, but does light up. I know nothing about repairing machines and am hoping it will be as simple as changing the fuse to get it to work. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Old 06-12-2020, 06:48 AM

I downloaded a manual for the Creative 1371 from http://www.pfaff.com/en-US/Support-and-Updates/Support and changing the fuse can be found on page 38 of that pdf. I have a 1471 and I saw something about the fuse and looked and it didn't look like my machine had one. I just looked again at the manual and it says 110 Volt machines do not have a fuse.

You said that it lit up, can you change stitches or any of the other buttons light up, like needle down? I'm wondering if the foot controller connection came loose? I would unplug and plug in again.

We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 06-12-2020, 04:31 PM

Thank you so much for the manual. I'll check to see if my has one, I'm thinking that it might be a 110 Volt also. I did check the foot pedal connection and the plug. After looking at it further today, I'm worried that it might be frozen up, the handwheel will not move. I guess it might be too much to hope that it might still be the fuse. Thanks again for your help!

Susan
Old 06-12-2020, 05:25 PM

Yes, those would have a mother board, that more than likely, is no longer available. If the handwheel doesn't move, I'm wondering if something is jammed - maybe in the bobbin area. If it was mine, I would probably take off the needle plate and remove the bobbin and bobbin case. Make sure there isn't a thread jam there. Once that was done and still handwheel won't turn, I would probably take the top off and try to determine if there was any broken plastic in there. Maybe take handwheel off, too. I've heard tell of machines that had a bunch of thread around the inside of the hand wheel.

I had to replace a crank roller or IDT roller on my 1471 about 9 years ago. I was able to get some help from a yahoo group, which of course is no longer around. I always unplug the machine when not using. I can't remember why I had taken the handwheel off - maybe bobbin winder problem - and it was a bear to get back on. It would have been easier if it wasn't in a cabinet. I did manage to get it back on and bobbin winder works.

Good luck.

Old 06-14-2020, 03:13 AM

I thought the same thing. The bobbin and case were already removed when I got it. So, I had my husband attempt to remove the top of it so we could get a look inside. But, he wasn't able to remove the screws, they are in there pretty tight and they seem to be stripped. I'm thinking someone has already tried to remove them.

Thanks so much for all your help!
Old 06-14-2020, 06:19 AM

If it is like the 1471, which it looks like, the tops can be tricky to get off. I did find some notes from 2013 and the handwheel was spinning but not sewing. The notes weren't very good and I did note that I didn't take any pictures. I just went to look at my machine and the notes don't make a whole lot of sense. It seems like there is a 'release' that is gotten to with a screwdriver down the slot on the left side of the top. This takes the nose plate off. My notes say to release that before taking the screws out. Also the notes say that the hand wheel stop motion is two parts and a spring? I'm wondering if there are any OSMGs near you that could help. I think that it was the WeFixIt yahoo group that helped me. Along with a repairman at a sew & vac place that had worked at Pfaff dealership. Unfortunately, he is no longer there.

I just found out WeFixIt is now at https://groups.io/g/WeFixIt it looks like it is open to view messages and search. Fairly certain one would need to join to be able to post.

Not affiliated with off-site link(s)

Old 06-17-2020, 08:18 AM

Join the Pfaff 1471 - 7570 group on Facebook. There are some really knowledgeable people and a lot of help for making repairs.
Old 06-19-2020, 02:46 AM

Thank you all for all your suggestions. I still haven't been able to get inside to look around. I think I'm going to end up taking it into the shop one of these days.