Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Contributions during Virus >

Contributions during Virus

Contributions during Virus

Old 06-25-2020, 11:38 AM

Default Contributions during Virus

I have been trying my best to follow directions and add photos of the quilts I have done but don't seem to have any luck.
Would love to know how to add an attachment to the post. Never had problems before and I am wondering if it is the computer that does not copy photos correctly. Hah!
At any rate I have been able to use up a lot of fabric that was just laying around so I guess all was not lost but you guys will never know how clever I was in developing new patterns so I could use some not so pretty fabric and make the quilts interesting for Linus.
Old 06-25-2020, 11:45 AM

you are following the instructions closely, and they are a challenge, you should be able to upload a picture. The problem may well be in the size of your picture. That is the most common problem. I know I have to first transfer from my phone to my computer and then upload pictures. I have absolutely no luck uploading from my phone. If you are trying to upload from your phone you may want to consider putting on your computer in a folder you can easily access.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-25-2020 at 05:29 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 06-25-2020, 11:47 AM

I found the main problem is when I click on "manage attachments" the old pop up was fairly narrow. Now the pop up is narrow, and you have to pull the edge to nearly monitor width to get to the upload button.
Old 06-25-2020, 12:16 PM

I found the biggest obstacles are the size of the picture and what Kalama said about the screen size when uploading attachments. For some reason, that window opens up so narrow that you can't see the button.
Old 06-25-2020, 01:06 PM
Power Poster

I only donate my quilts before Christmas. Hopefully all this craziness will be over by then. If not then we have a food pantry that also hands out donated quilts. Then they will get them.
Old 06-25-2020, 01:24 PM

We have some great help on the Help page
https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/

Some are stickied to the top, and then there are other recent ones.

The two most common problems seem to be finding the upload button (stretch out window to the far right after you add your attachments), and if you get the "upload fail" button, that is usually that your file sizes are too large.

I have an old school digital camera and I reduce my file sizes here:
https://www.reduceimages.com/
I simply use their defaults and down load through there, then upload here.

No connection with the site other than I recommend it as being quick, simple, and easy to use while not setting off my various virus checkers and scanners.

Old 06-28-2020, 06:28 AM

The most frequent problem I have had is image size. None of the attempts to reduce size worked well, but I tried another program that worked well today:

https://www.img2go.com/compress-image

I hope this works for you. I so enjoy looking at all the pictures here for inspiration!
Old 06-28-2020, 06:40 AM
Power Poster

I finally found that "load" button - and as others have said - it is waaaaaaaaay off to the right - and not very big, either. Had to scroll over to find it.
Old 06-28-2020, 07:44 AM
Power Poster

I am right there with with being unable to load pictures.