Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--July 24-26, 2020 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--July 24-26, 2020

Virtual Quilting Weekend--July 24-26, 2020

Old 07-26-2020, 08:32 AM

I got everything done yesterday that I planned to do -- which is always less than what I hoped to do. But I had to cut more backing, interfacing and sub-units and completed those as well as the remaining handwork so my sub-units are complete. Extra even. Today I'll trim the units down to size. Next stage is layout, but that's done on the bed and that's best when hubby is at work.

Speaking of the bed, we adjusted our frame and turned the mattress around, I've been on an increasing slant so slight you wouldn't notice so much except it is enough to bother my knee that is giving me issues.

Other tasks for today are non-quilting related. Fun stuff like even though it is a warm and sunny now, I need to get new windshield wipers and today is the day to do it! Tomorrow we are going to take a little road trip, we have a state park as a destination/turn around. It's an area the hubby has never been to and I haven't been in quite awhile (pre-hubby so 20 years).
https://parks.state.wa.us/574/Rockport
Old 07-26-2020, 08:38 AM

Great projects everyone! I sewed 3 more masks this morning and decided that's enough for now. I want to hear which style works best for the kids before making more. And school open date may be delayed now anyway, according to our county health official. so this afternoon, I am going to put the final borders on my Omigosh. It was the challenge project for a retreat I attend in November - hope we get to have it so I can show it!
Old 07-26-2020, 09:35 AM
Power Poster

So many projects happening! Good for all of you.

I finally finished my round of the Round Robin quilt I was working on. My part is the outer 6" round, with the tulips. This won't be a finished top until 3 more people add their 6" rounds to it.

Attached Thumbnails img_0439.jpg  
Old 07-26-2020, 09:48 AM

I spent several hours yesterday cleaning up my studio. I hate clutter so needed to get things put back where they belong. I also cleaned out four drawers - I'm in the middle of weeding out the house but this is the first real attention to the sewing space. I made the first round of blocks for the Jelly Snowflake MQ, and unsewed the borders on a baby quilt that I wasn't happy with. Today, putting new borders on, more Jelly Snowflake and sewing binding another quilt on so I can do the hand sewing next week while we're traveling. If I get that all done, I have another baby quilt in progress and a pattern for a dress for my baby granddaughter.

Have a productive Sunday, everyone!
Old 07-26-2020, 10:02 AM

Sewbizgirl-Very pretty addition to the RR. Nice work and love your tulips
Old 07-26-2020, 11:05 AM

Well after waking up and finding out that I completely overworked myself yesterday, I decided what I'm going to do is give the quilt a good pressing, then trim it up completely so I can put binding on it and maybe work on my hexies a little. I just do not have the strength today to manhandle the quilt around my sewing machine and I need to recover a little. It also doesn't help that I've got small storms around my area popping up, my brain just isn't functioning right and I think I might be headed for a migraine. So keep things light and easy today, then tackle the quilt when I'm 100%.

I'm pleased with it though, I like how it turned out.
Attached Thumbnails tied.jpg  
Old 07-26-2020, 12:06 PM

Today was a good energy day, did work on the mini quilt paper piecing. I think I worked on 4 of the letters, they finish at 1 inch and did a few of the small 1 1/2 inch pieced blocks. Love doing small stuff, but when I go back to a regular 12 inch block they seem humongous. DH is back from his play room so I will grab some hand work and enjoy the rest of the afternoon with him.

Heather thanks for hosting the VQW
Old 07-26-2020, 12:07 PM

So far today, I've been to church. There were 7 people inside and 11 outside.

Now it's sandwich the monkey quilt.
Old 07-26-2020, 01:29 PM

Ta da! 17955 pieces counting the borders, approx 96 x 105 pattern is Omigosh by Susan Garman
Well poo, I can't get a picture to load. Darn
Old 07-26-2020, 01:42 PM

Sewbizgirl- love love love the border in the round robin. Gives it a really unique style that's very fresh. I wonder what the next people are going to contribute!