Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Which embroidery software would you recommend? >

Which embroidery software would you recommend?

Which embroidery software would you recommend?

Old 09-08-2020, 12:28 PM

Default Which embroidery software would you recommend?

I have a Pfaff Creative 4.5 machine and have been using VSM Premier + software. Unfortunately after a Windows 10 update it has quit working. The support has no solutions for this apparently! I don’t do anything major...maybe combine several designs and add lettering (would like the option of adding TT fonts from Word/Works). I also don’t want to spend a lot of money on software as I’m not looking to digitize on it. I have read a little on Embird, Buzz tools, Embrilliance...hoping someone has a recommendation. Thank you in advance for all your help😊
Old 09-08-2020, 02:26 PM
Gay

Can you not update your software? Your pfaff dealer should be able to help or you could try here

https://www.premierplusembroidery.co.../Software-Help

I have Buzz Explore v2 and find it great for changing colours etc. Also have Generations and Hatch for digitising, but they are more expensive
Old 09-08-2020, 02:44 PM

Default I don’t want to spend $$$$$

It’s a Premier software issue and they do not have a fix in sight so if I want to embroider I need something different. I’ve been reading about Embrilliance and it sounds pretty good. Not sure how to get designs to machine...thinking thumb drive. Not sure how to view all the designs I already have. Will have to check further. Thanks for your response ...will check out your software too.
Old 09-08-2020, 03:07 PM

your Dongle needs to be reinstalled/updated. Ask Pfaff Software Support. Their telephone number is on their website.
Old 09-08-2020, 11:00 PM
Gay

I also use this Auto Icon Creator from Generations. It came free for me because I had the digitising program, but you may be interested. It allows you to see all your embroideries in w.explorer as pictures, whether in a file or from a cd or thumb drive. You will not be able to do anything except copy and transfer your designs, or paste them to a thumb drive if your machine uses one.
Old 09-09-2020, 05:20 AM

I had the same problem with Baby Lock software when windows 10 came out and my computer updated. I took my old computer to Best Buy and had them put my old Windows 7 software on it and now only use it for my embroidery software and not connected to the internet. You have to haveyour old windows 7 discs to be able to do this but it has worked good for me. I also have Embrilliance software on my new computer and like ti a lot. If my other one goes bad I can always use the new Embrilliance. It was written by people that worked on the Baby Lock software I believe. You can check it out and download a free trial to see how you like it. Easy to use also.
Old 09-21-2020, 04:26 AM

Embird is a good software. However, did you contact your software provider and explain the issue? It would help you to sort the issue.
Old 09-28-2020, 02:55 PM

If you go to this page at the bottom there is a link for a HASP update. Follow the instructions for that and it will most likely help you. They had to do this when Windows 10 came out. https://www.premierplusembroidery.co.../Software-Help