Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sit down long arm machine. Which one? >

Sit down long arm machine. Which one?

Sit down long arm machine. Which one?

Old 09-16-2020, 07:27 AM

Quilt E Im on it. I’m actually in the process of finishing up a top, so it’ll be basted and ready to go when the machine comes back. I’m receiving a bunch of fabric for a Quilting board boomerang swap blocks so it works out perfect. I like to have two projects going at once. A piecing/applique project and a FMQ project. Keeps me motivated.

Rob . I bought this machine used because it has such a solid reputation. Mine has been a bit of a disappointment. Hopefully this fixes the problem. I tend to go with a tried and true older model rather than anything new fangled.

mkc i think I will hold off on the stitch regulator but it’s very good to know it’s available. I want to make sure my machine works for a year before I commit.
Old 09-16-2020, 07:44 AM
Power Poster

You Go Girl!
Old 09-17-2020, 01:50 PM
Power Poster

I have a 9-1/2" throat Juki TL98QE and I love it.

I use the same machine for machine quilting. I bought it on the trade in table at the local dealer for $199. It has a few quirks but sews great. I don't mind being a little rough with it. LOL I plan on using it until it dies and then I'll think about another. Probably what is traded in. I don't like spending a lot on machines. I'd rather use them to death and get another one. I bought my Brother embroidery machine with big hoop space for $299 off the trade in table. If after a couple of years they mess up, I don't fret over it. I bought my first Bernina on the trade in table, a 1260 for $450 with all accessories. It is such a good machine that I never felt iffy about buying from the trade in table. All have been serviced before being sold.
Old 12-27-2023, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by BonnieJP View Post
Oh, I guess I should have included the cost of my Juki Miyabi J-350QVP S Sit Down in my previous post. It was $6100 including the teflon table pad, table side extensions, lesson, delivery, and in-home set up.

where did you find one at that price?
Old 12-27-2023, 07:08 PM

What is the trade in table?
Old 12-29-2023, 09:24 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tlhampton View Post
What is the trade in table?
This thread is 3 years old, so prices will have changed. Onebyone said that the trade in table was at her local dealer.
Old 12-29-2023, 09:56 AM
Power Poster

Hi MJP!
I have the Juki QVP2200... the first model that came out, so no stitch regulator. But I learned how to BE the stitch regulator just by using it. No stitch regulator hasn't been a problem. I must have had it about 6 years. I bought it at the Paducah show. It was a demo model that they sold me at a great price, around $5000, including all the extra stuff they had on it for display. So I got a free side wing (and bought the other one myself) and chair, and free teflon slider table cover, and some rulers. All for the $5000!
I've been very happy with it and it's given me no trouble or ever needed servicing. And only the hook needs a drop of oil every bobbin change or two. I have no reason to trade up.
Hope you find something you love!
Old 12-29-2023, 09:59 AM
Power Poster

Oops, didn't see that this thread is old! Never mind.....