Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--Oct 3-5, 2020 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Oct 3-5, 2020

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Oct 3-5, 2020

Old 10-04-2020, 04:57 PM

I thought I could finish my Halloween quilt top today but still have 3 sides of the border to put on and the fabric has wavy lines in and must be put pieced together. Oh well, was good to see what everyone else was up to. Thanks for doing the VQW Raggiemom!
Old 10-04-2020, 06:36 PM
Power Poster

Thanks, Heather. See you all next month.
Old 10-05-2020, 02:56 AM

Since I have been tucked inside since March I have been trying to use my stash for smaller quilts and throws. This weekend My goal was to finish the binding on a baby quilt. I am a hand quilter but have been practicing my machine quilting on the last few quilts. I am just getting the hang of it!
Attached Thumbnails 8afecb51-8667-4feb-b3cf-53c839e33e70.jpeg   cd594fcd-9bdc-45c7-8a5c-c991a7224edf.jpeg  

Last edited by schwanton; 10-05-2020 at 02:59 AM.
Old 10-05-2020, 03:10 AM

Default Monday Morning Wrap-up

So my list to do this week-end...................
1. Finish piecing blue donation quilt. - corrected miss-placed blocks and added a border. Done
2. Layer and quilt green donation quilt.- Still squaring up this top so I can add borders and layer to finish.
3. Make a choice of fabrics for baby quilt. (Too many choices and this is a special family baby.) Done! Picked out coordinating fabrics and fussy cut animals. Charted out the pattern and piece sizes. Ta-Dah!
4. Cut pieces for Chemo Pouches
5. Maybe a mask or two from the new pattern - Nope. The heart is willing but the fingers never made it to masks this time.

Feeling mildly successful. The benefit is now I have a clear list of what to work on this week! The near-finishes are waiting!

Now, I am ready to sit back and browse all of the accomplishments this VQW from all of you. See you next month!
Old 10-05-2020, 03:17 AM

I got six feed sack bags done this weekend. Those bags are out of my sewing room. Time to finish other projects. Everybody did great this weekend. Have a great week!
Old 10-05-2020, 03:34 AM

Sad to say, I realized that I wouldn't actually finish/post picture of my quilt top: it needs applique in one section that goes over the pillows on a bed and since this is so large, I'm going to applique before the sections are sewn together. Small longarming project for someone else is done, but it needs binding and I don't have permission from her to post a picture.
I've enjoyed seeing what everyone has worked on this weekend.
Old 10-05-2020, 05:26 AM

I was all set and excited to work on my medallion top. Made good progress on Saturday, but woke up with a migraine Sunday so ended up spending most of the day in bed. Glad lots of you were able to make good progress!

Old 10-05-2020, 07:04 AM

Thanks for hosting, Heather. I love seeing what everyone is working on.

After making good progress Sunday am, I realized that there was a problem with the tension on the back of my quilt--- argh. Of course, the top side looked great, but the back side is not acceptable. I usually check the backside when I first start and then again every time I take a break. Not sure why I didn't this time. So today will be spent ripping and re-quilting

Rob
Old 10-05-2020, 07:33 AM

I'm one ring away from my goal this weekend, I wanted to get nine rings done and I'm almost there. I would have had it done yesterday but my fiance made a compelling case to make some cookies and play some Halo, then we took a nap, lol.

Today is going to be busy, UPS, FedEx, and my mailman are bringing in our monthly provisions orders and I got a 24 strip set of emerald fabric coming in today, one of my nieces is struggling a little since her divorce was final last month and I'm making her a Mini-Irish Chain, green is her favorite color. I'll be making hers the same time I'm making my sister's and hopefully, she'll have a pretty quilt she can snuggle into with her two girls by spring.

I love these VQWs, I feel so accomplished by the end of them. Thank you again, Raggiemom for hosting!
Old 10-05-2020, 08:10 AM

Thank you so much for hosting, Raggiemom! I enjoyed seeing the progress of others as well as making my own progress.

Fixing the seams on the JRR turned out to be more like re-stitching the whole quilt. As I started to fix the places that were split, I made the decision to stitch the entire row. Which led to the decision to re-stitch all the rows, even if not split. My sewing really was awful on this thing. All the rows have wonky seam allowances with hardly a straight section among them. I almost want to make another JRR top to prove to myself I can do it properly, now! Haha!

I hope everyone has a safe and productive week ahead!