Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--Oct 3-5, 2020 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Oct 3-5, 2020

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Oct 3-5, 2020

Old 10-03-2020, 01:56 PM
Power Poster

Nice scrappy quilt, WMUTeach!
Old 10-03-2020, 02:20 PM

I love reading about and seeing everyone's progress! You've all inspired to get off my tired butt (I had to work today) and do some mellow handstitching on my top priority UFO, a Bear Paw lap quilt. Woohoo!
Old 10-03-2020, 04:47 PM

managed to get the quilt loaded on the long arm and ready to go tomorrow. And spent more time making 8 masks for Halloween for son's family. Will mail those on Monday when I go to give blood and pick u book at library. Tomorrow I'll work on long arm and work on getting organized to start a new lap quilt for Christmas present.
Old 10-03-2020, 06:35 PM

Everybody is making good progress on there projects. They all look really nice. I made three feed sack bags this weekend. Went shopping this afternoon. Went to a new quilt shop. Alot of bright fabrics and yarn. Last virtual quilting weekend I got eight welder caps done for my granddaughter. She really liked them. People she works with asked where she got them. They thought she bought them.
Old 10-03-2020, 06:43 PM

Teach-congratulations

I finished a top.
Old 10-03-2020, 10:03 PM

I did more frog stitching today to open up a couple inches on either side of the spots that needed to be fixed on my jelly roll race quilt. I also started to iron for re-stitching the seams and realized I’ll have to stitch and iron each one between. I don’t think it will play nicely, otherwise. This is a slow process but, it certainly shows the benefit of slowing down and doing something right the first time.
Old 10-04-2020, 03:48 AM

Update: Did only slight work on repair job, but continued massive on-point piecing project and have gone from 60% to 75%. Didn't touch longarm except to lay out completed rows of piecing project, and I threw some laundry in which doesn't count as quilting but needed to be done! Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-04-2020, 04:07 AM

Default Corrections and progress - Sunday AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
I will try again. Deleted my original post a few minutes ago. Here is proof positive that I have finished the top for this donation quilt. I may add a cream border or just layer and quilt, but not this week-end. I must move on to other of my VQW goals.
Well, I opened up the site this morning and looked at the photo I posted. Yup, I found the blocks that were turned in the bottom two rows. Back to making corrections after online church this morning. I did make choices for the special baby quilt and can now start to fussy cut the charming little animals. Additional fabric will be needed to coordinate with the critters I chose. That will come tomorrow. In the end, I can always quilt one of my two donation quilts.
Old 10-04-2020, 05:19 AM

Default Sunday Update

Today is going good for me so far, I ordered the Elvira ruler first thing this morning, I'll need it for my sister's quilt when it comes time to do the FMQ. Still haven't steamed out the wrinkles on my design wall, I'll probably do that during one of my many coffee breaks later. I'll have the entire day to myself, the Chiefs/Pats game has been postponed because several team members tested positive for Covid and it's too early in the season to worry about division games. Yay me!
Old 10-04-2020, 05:42 AM

Worked on Halloween quilt yesterday. Used fork pins to keep seams straight then realized after I'd done several rows that they were leaving holes grrrrr. Reminder to self-only use fine fork pins! These came from Joann and I should've known better when they were in the yarn section. Lesson learned.