Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello from the Florida Keys! >

Hello from the Florida Keys!

Hello from the Florida Keys!

Old 10-04-2020, 12:35 PM

Smile Hello from the Florida Keys!

Hi All, I am so happy to be here! About me: I learned to quilt in my home state of Kansas. Seventeen years ago I moved to Florida and haven't done a lot of quilting since, but I recently returned to the hobby/love affair/obsession/money drain. My great-grandmothers were outstanding quilters and I loved watching them work and seeing the beautiful things they made with scraps of random feed sacks, old shirts, etc. I think that's why I am drawn to 30's and 40's era fabric and quilts. I machine piece and hand quilt. Right now I'm making a throw-size quilt for my son and his fiance whose wedding will be in May ... I'll post a picture of that soon. I'm here to learn and be inspired by all the amazing things quilters are doing these days. Thanks for allowing me to join! Pamela XO (It looks like it's common practice on here to mention what kind of machine we use ... I use an old Singer Simple. It's not fancy but it gets the job done for me!)

Last edited by dolphinheron; 10-04-2020 at 12:40 PM. Reason: I forgot to mention the machine I use
Old 10-04-2020, 12:44 PM

a Very warm welcome from KY. how nice to return to quilting I love it, brings joy in my life, hope it does for you too, happy quilting.
Old 10-04-2020, 01:05 PM

Welcome from Illinois, Glad to see your coming back, I hope you enjoy your second go round, I have been doing this for 45 years or more, my step mother taught me how to hand quilt, I don't do much of that and stick to machine quilting, I have so much fabric that I don't know what to do with it all, lol, my grandkids keep trying to get me to make things for them.
Best of luck, keep safe and healthy

Mary
Old 10-04-2020, 02:40 PM

Welcome to the QB from SE Michigan! You are in the right place for inspiration. There is a lot of that to share. I am one that draws a lot of inspiration from other quilters here. There is so much to learn and so much to share. I hope you will jump right in and join the fun. There is something for everyone. Again welcome to the QB.
Old 10-04-2020, 03:49 PM

Thanks for the welcome! I look forward to learning from you.
Old 10-04-2020, 04:13 PM
Power Poster

Welcome from Ontario, Canada.👋
Old 10-05-2020, 02:49 AM

Welcome from Vermont. I love the Keys! Visited there three winters during the 1980s. So relaxed, pretty, fun. Enjoy your time on the QB.
Old 10-05-2020, 03:44 AM
Power Poster

Welcome from Michigan!
Old 10-05-2020, 04:09 AM

Welcome from NJ. Another machine piecer/hand quilter here. Have only visited the Keys once but thoroughly enjoyed our time there.
Old 10-05-2020, 04:31 AM

Welcome to the QB from the peaceful and beautiful state of Maine. My son and daughter in law just left Key West after being stationed at Sigsby (Coast Guard) for 3 years. I’m sure it is much warmer where you are than Maine but also still hurricane season there.