Andy Tube

Old 10-05-2020, 07:00 AM

Default Andy Tube

Everyone pleases send prayers and wishes to Andy of Andytube. He has posted a video message saying he will no longer be making sewing machine restoration videos due to heath.
Old 10-05-2020, 08:46 AM

Well wishes and prayers sent.
Old 10-05-2020, 01:09 PM

Wow, that's quite a loss to us "would be" sewing machine mechanics.

Thanks, Andy for all your help on my 401.

Bkay
Old 10-05-2020, 04:13 PM

Oh that's a shame. His videos are a wealth of information for novices like me! I wish him the best.
Old 10-05-2020, 05:14 PM

I had never heard of him. I have bookmarked his videos & will start to watch them. I wish I had known about him years ago. He will be in my prayers & hopefully he will be able to start back up with other videos when he has taken care of his personal needs.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:04 PM

Wow, that's a shame he's in poor health. I wouldn't have even started refurbishing the 403A I got recently (my first VSM) without his videos. I sure hope he doesn't take them down anytime soon!
Old 10-06-2020, 04:50 AM

Please watch his video. He said he is taking a break from making videos. Unless I missed it, he never mentioned health reasons, just that he had business to take care of. Hopefully health is not the reason as I love watching his videos.
Old 10-06-2020, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by sgreen511 View Post
Please watch his video. He said he is taking a break from making videos. Unless I missed it, he never mentioned health reasons, just that he had business to take care of. Hopefully health is not the reason as I love watching his videos.
Thanks for pointing that out. Since he spoke of using sewing machine repair as a distraction from pain, I "assumed". Hopefully, he will return with more videos and it's not a health issue.
bk
Old 10-06-2020, 07:52 AM

I've now watched the video and was relieved to hear he's taking a break to take care of business, not that he has health issues. Last night I didn't watch it because I have a lock on YouTube in the evenings to keep me from watching too much there.

With other YouTube videos I get impatient and wish they'd get to the heart of the matter quicker. Andy's are very slow but all that detail and clear explanation, along with his voice and personality, is so reassuring and soothing that I really enjoy watching for hours!
Old 10-07-2020, 07:47 AM

Agree - a vintage Singer repairman at your fingertips! I've restored my 401, 404 & 201 - couldn't have done half those things without his help. I've donated a couple times to his PayPal, since those videos helped me out of a couple (or more) jams! He's always responded to each and every comment, which was most appreciated. Hopefully he will be able to come back and share his wealth of knowledge. Wishing him the best.