Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Grandma14! from Big Lake, Alaska-Voyager question. >

Grandma14! from Big Lake, Alaska-Voyager question.

Grandma14! from Big Lake, Alaska-Voyager question.

Old 10-26-2020, 07:31 AM

Default Grandma14! from Big Lake, Alaska-Voyager question.

Hi! I am from Big Lake, Alaska and I have a question regarding stitches on my Voyager 17. The horizontal stitches are long but the vertical are with in the realm of normal with the stitch regulator on.
Any help would be welcome.

Last edited by Grandma14!; 10-26-2020 at 07:32 AM. Reason: no introduction
Old 10-27-2020, 04:51 PM

a warm welcome from KY. sorry I can not help you but I'm sure some one here can, good luck
Old 10-27-2020, 07:07 PM
Power Poster

Sorry I don’t have a long arm. I know there is a way to do basting stitches on a long arm, perhaps that is what your machine is doing?
Old 10-28-2020, 09:09 AM

Hey Grandma, I responded in your other thread where you detailed what you've done already but saying hi because I've actually been to Big Lake!

I grew up in Alaska, from ages 10 in 1970 (so I'm considered pre-pipeline even if we came up military) until I moved out in 1983 when I was 23, down here to the Seattle regions which I regard as the tropics -- it's green all year. I was mostly in the Anchorage area but went to college in Fairbanks (it was the only place with dorms back then), and my best friend and her husband lived in the Kenai/Soldotna area for many years but have since moved back to Anchorage. I still go up to visit from time to time, last time as about 2 years ago, a friend of mine and I went up and stayed with my friends, we went to the Alaska State Fair and then a cruise down southeast, where I hadn't been in decades/before the cruise ships.
Old 10-28-2020, 02:01 PM

Thanks for the reply. My daughter lives in Fairbanks and son in North Pole. It is fun hearing from someone who knows where this small place is. I figured out the problem with the quilt machine one of the encoders is bad and I ordered a new one.
I hope that you are in the outskirts of Seattle as it has grown so much over the years.