Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Anise & Wine Cookies >

Anise & Wine Cookies

Anise & Wine Cookies

Old 11-16-2020, 12:56 PM

Default Anise & Wine Cookies

This is a recipe for those little, dunking cookies that they serve in Italy. I thought you all would like it, since cookie baking season is coming up. They're not too sweet, nor are they heavy with fat...just right to serve with some wine, or cocktails. In the past, I've added some raisins and/or dried cranberries to it. I love anise and dry some every year, just so I can make cookies and anise liquor with the seeds.

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/anise-wine-cookies/
Old 11-16-2020, 04:22 PM
Power Poster

My sis used to live in Rhode Island in a very Italian area and she used to bring home the best wine biscuits! They were fabulous. We all used to gather at my parents in NY for Thanksgiving and it was a delight to get them. She also brought pepper biscuits. Awesome!
Old 11-16-2020, 09:36 PM

Oh, I have enjoyed these when my husband and I enjoyed them in New York made by his two old-maid aunts. For whatever reason, I never got the recipe. Bless you. I will have very, very fond memories these holidays.

Recipe already in my files and items on my shopping list.

Again, bless you!
Old 11-17-2020, 09:21 AM

Oh wow, you've brought back a very lovely memory for me with this! My husband and I went to an *amazing* dinner at a local venue which was all wonderful Italian cuisine, served outside in our temperate autumn months. The last thing we had was a taste of sweet wine and these cookies! It was one of the most lovely evenings we've ever enjoyed. I think I'll be making these for the holidays, thanks so much!