Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello from Tacoma, WA...... >

Hello from Tacoma, WA......

Hello from Tacoma, WA......

Old 11-28-2020, 01:13 AM

Talking Hello from Tacoma, WA......

Hello. New to this forum and new to machine embroidery. I am very lucky that my Mom gave me her Rose 605 embroidery machine when she upgraded to a quilting machine but I find it very confusing. I've sewn for many years but never with a machine that was more for embroidery than just sewing. I tried to enroll in a class to learn both components of my new sewing machine but the only one available was at my local Quality Sewing & Vacuum. I was the only person enrolled so it wasn't cost effective to hold it for just me. I'd really like to learn everything about it so I can utilize the embroidery side and not just the sewing side.

That brings me to the other reason I joined this forum. I remember my Mom had a lot of difficulty with the software or the programs or something that went with the embroidery unit so hopefully I don't run into more of the same. I also heard that it will be really difficult to acquire upgrades or additional programs if needed. If anyone has any suggestions for me it would be greatly appreciated. I'll see if I can post something in one of the forums also.

Well, happy embroidery to all.
Old 11-28-2020, 01:49 AM

Hello Rose605Novice,

Welcome from down I-5 in Western Washington! I am new here, too. I hope you will find the help you need with your embroidery machine. Good luck!
Old 11-28-2020, 04:38 AM
Power Poster

Welcome from Michigan!:
Old 11-28-2020, 05:05 AM

Maybe your mom could give you some lessons.
Old 11-28-2020, 05:59 AM

Hi Rose, happy to have you here. We have a number of Washingtonians scattered across the state, I'm closer to Seattle, very near the Seahawks facility in Renton.

I looked up the machine, wasn't familiar with the name Rose, it is a Husqvarna/Viking and looks similar to my Bernina which is the (non-embroidery) version of the modern 820. When my friend gave me the 820, I had the choice to use it pretty much as I did my old vintage machine or go ahead and learn what it can do -- it can do a lot and I'm still learning.

Sorry I'm absolutely no help at all with embroidery machines. This year is a bit different and I'm sure classes will resume. I understand some embroidery machines have settings that can be used for automatic quilting designs, but other than that I usually go from having some sort of idea to put the machine to use and figure things that way.
Old 11-28-2020, 06:12 AM
Power Poster

Welcome from Ontario, Canada. Sorry I can’t help with that brand of machine.
Old 11-28-2020, 07:41 AM

Welcome to the QB from SE Michigan! I am unfamiliar with your machine. I love machine embroidery and have a nice brother machine that I use a lot. How many threads does your machine handle at one time or is it a single thread? If you can add a picture, which can be difficult ( Go to advanced then Manage Attachments then add image. You may have to resize your picture smaller. Then open the page up wider and upload). Maybe someone from vintage machines can help you.
Nonetheless I hope you continue to join us here invite your mom too. Again welcome to the QB.
Old 11-28-2020, 08:03 AM

I'm going to guess that you do have the manual. If not there is one available at http://www.husqvarnaviking.com/support/ROSE-605 I tried clicking on the link for "Embroidery Software Support" but it timed out, but there is also a phone and email address listed.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 11-28-2020, 08:30 AM

Welcome from Southern California. YouTube might have some good information for. you. Although it can be frustrating, learning is one of the most exciting parts of sewing. You'll find helpful and kind quilters here. Good luck!
Old 11-28-2020, 09:47 AM

a warm welcome from my safe place here at home in Ky.