Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2021 >

What are we organizing today 2021

What are we organizing today 2021

Old 05-21-2021, 02:30 AM

Petthefabric- mixed feelings indeed! Congratulations and hugs.

Rob
Old 05-21-2021, 02:47 AM

Yesterday I decided to do a quick trash collection trip around my studio- it morphed into a trip around all the other rooms in my house and also the backyard. By the time I was done I had a trash bag full of stuff that was filling drawers, shelves, and the broken plastic flowerpot graveyard in my backyard. Sheesh! I ended up with a couple of empty drawers in my studio that I promptly refilled with things that I actually use, which cleared space on the floor.

tip of the day- instead of tackling a large decluttering job all at once, try rounding up the trash and removing it as a first step. Give yourself the option of expanding your idea of what is trash. for example, I am notorious for keeping broken things because I might be able to either fix them Or reuse some of the parts in an art project someday- well guess how long some of that stuff has hung around cluttering up my studio without being fixed or repurposed??????? Yesterday I realized a lot of it was trash. 🤔

Rob
Old 05-21-2021, 04:42 PM

oksewglad: I’m sorry you have a glitch in your life. 🙏

petthefabric: Definitely a variety of emotions.

rryder: When I was going through things for the fundraiser garage sale, I let go of more than I planned. It felt good. Still more to go but I’m taking a long break and spending more time in my sewing room especially with the rainy days and high humidity over the past few days. I understand holding onto things because I might use them some day. 🙂
Old 05-22-2021, 11:04 AM

Wow everyone has been so productive and busy! Its always a wonderful feeling to get things organized even if its just the smallest of things, after all, the little things do add up!
We finally had good weather and I have spent every day for the last week getting my yard and flower beds in shape, finally done except for a few small things.
I spent today reorganizing some fabric into totes from open storage, I got all my rulers organized on the peg board and have accepted the fact that in addition to my fabric problem, I also have a ruler problem. I sorted some scraps from my last 2 projects and put them in the appropriate color bin. Cleaned off my cutting table that also had a few odds and ends hanging about and put them in their place. Gave Claude and the table a good cleaning (my longarm) vacuumed all the threads under my longarm. Added a few things to my goodwill bag which will find its way there next week. Now I wont feel bad for sewing next week!
Old 05-22-2021, 11:20 AM
Power Poster

You make me tired thinking all that you have accomplished this week, tall chick!
Old 05-28-2021, 04:21 AM

My quilting studio has been in complete disarray since Monday when I took it apart to make room for the new Insight table I ordered for the Sweet Sixteen. A shipping glitch meant that the insert arrived, but not the table. I took the delay as an opportunity to do a little rearranging and in the meantime filled another trash bag! The new table is supposed to arrive today- fingers crossed.
Assuming it does get here, I will be spending the day putting everything back together. In a perfect world, I would be able to repurpose the old Sweet Sixteen table by putting it beside the new one for increased surface area to hold quilts while quilting but there is a radiator to the right of my Sweet Sixteen that may make the space too narrow- hard to tell without having the new table here to see what the overhang is like. Gotta love living in old houses with radiators, windows, doors and chimneys on every single wall in every single room . If I can’t fit it in, then I’ll use the space to stack my drawer units that hold my fabric, which will free up some floor space and make the sewing machine I use for rope baskets easier to use.

Rob

Old 05-28-2021, 05:04 PM

Well, the radiator won, not enough room to use the old table, but the studio has been put back together. I stacked the plastic chests of drawers up the wall instead. That allowed me to move all my thread out from under the Sweet Sixteen- now I don’t have to get on my hands and knees and crawl around under the furniture to get to my thread- so I’d call that a win! I’ve been playing with the new table and stitch regulation- So far I really like it. Yay!

oh- I also took 2 advils after dinner and will take some tylenol at bedtime LOL...

Rob
Old 05-28-2021, 06:24 PM

tallchick: Way to go! I put some fabric in totes too and it sure makes my shelving system look neater.

rryder: Congratulations on your reorganization. Enjoy your new set up. I remember a radiator in my grandparent’s living room.
Old 06-03-2021, 09:03 AM

I see some great progress here. I have been MIA for at least a month. I have learned a couple of the long-lasting effects of having covid is fatigue, lack of appetite, desire, or motivation. Usually, I am an up early & get it done type of person, well I really thought that me was gone & it really started depressing me so I spoke with the doctor about it and he stop beating yourself up as you were very sick its going to take time. Happy to report I no longer think I should sell all my craft & sewing supplies..lol..seriously that's where my head was as I haven't step foot in my sewing room except to add to the piles for almost 3 months. So now that I actually feel the old me coming back I am currently working on the small piles & it feels GREAT to have that desire again. Man I don't wish that virus on anyone.
Old 06-03-2021, 10:10 AM

I spent this morning organizing all the dies I have for my Accuquilt system. I thought I was really organized a month or so ago but I discovered yesterday that I am already out of space on the cart I am using. I went through things and right now I have no space to safely put in another die so I did the best I can. I have 73 BoB's and 3 qubes with the companion disk for each. I put the qubes on top of a dresser in my studio and left all the other dies sorted nicely and on the cart. I pulled out the 2 dies I am using right now and called it a morning.