Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2021 >

What are we organizing today 2021

What are we organizing today 2021

Old 01-04-2021, 05:14 AM

Every day Rob, every day. I always start in a corner, closest to the door!
Old 01-04-2021, 05:47 PM

Rob...I remember that feeling when I was about to start packing to move. Ugh....I just picked an item “candle holders” and went through the house and sorted, and chose, and packed. I was off and running. You aren’t moving but maybe if you did something like this it may give you a jumpstart on decluttering. Good luck!
Old 01-05-2021, 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
I woke up in the middle of the night with some items in my head that I no longer use and could donate to get them out of my space. Of course, I went back to sleep and now can’t remember what they were...
Rob
I do the same...they say it helps to keep a pen and paper on your nightstand to jot things down and they also say it helps you fall back to sleep faster knowing that you’ve written it down, With my luck I would start writing and then not be able to put the pen down with so many ideas in my head...heck by then I might as well just get up! 🤪
Old 01-05-2021, 04:18 AM

Writing down ideas in the middle of the night? Hmmm...turn on light. Find paper and pencil in nightstand. Write down quickly.

Not in my bedroom. DH would wake up yelling...What's wrong or What's wrong with YOU? So if I WAS able to jot down a few notes, would I be able to decipher what I wrote when I got up?
Old 01-08-2021, 06:35 AM

I continue to wrangle scraps and will get to the basket of "mask fabric" today. These were leftovers in the first place and now they need to go to the scrap locations. I will also empty a small two door cabinet that houses sewng machine maintenance items, Row by Row items (yikes) and some home decor stuff. A few things every week....
Old 01-08-2021, 08:26 AM

I must confess the weather here has been almost spring-type tempts & I have spent most of my time cleaning & replanting up the yard. That feeling of renewed energy after being sick for weeks has been wonderful. But I vowed to spend time in my sewing room the next couple days. I am ashamed to admit I have had the same quilt waiting to be finished for over a month. That absolutely needs to get done before I start organizing my threads-my goal is to remove the thread racks on the wall & get the thread all in drawers.
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Old 01-08-2021, 08:38 AM

Working on Project Linus UFOs. One under the needle right now, three on hangers, one started to piece, and several ideas I found on Pinterest. I think I need someone to organize my brain.
Old 01-08-2021, 09:01 AM

I am organizing plastic tubs trying to find a way to sort through and discard things that will never be used, like non-quilting fabrics and put them on freecycle to give away. I also want to organize batting and put it in the guest room. I have this wonderful cart with these big bins on top that I want to roll out to use with my accuquilt. I have it started I just have to stay at it.
Old 01-08-2021, 06:07 PM
Power Poster

I've been trimming some HST's to 1, 1.25 and 1.5 "...mostly 1.25. Mini designs dancing in my head!
Old 01-08-2021, 07:37 PM

Someone on one of our threads said she has 16 cubic feet of stuff in a 10 cubic foot room. So question is: Was she looking in my window? At on time I was pretty proud how my sewing and fabric rooms were looking. Fabric room is still ok but the sewing room is a wreck.

This afternoon decided to reorganize my the credenza that sits next to my sewing table. Three novelty coffee mugs hold sewing notions. Scissors, container of pins, little wicker basket of wonder clips, small TV and remote, lap top and mouse for lap top, portable phone, Kleenex, water bottle, magnetic pin container, and one quilt theme wine tumbler.

Quilting clutter! How many pens, pencils, seam rippers, little scissors, hand held calculators, measuring tape, etc do I need at my finger tips? .Packed up the coffee mugs and put only ONE sewing notion from each category listed.in a small pink, plastic basket. The rest when in zip lock freezer bags.

Can you tell I like shopping for sewing notions? Novelty coffee mugs? I have to quit shopping. I have to quit looking at Pinterest. I wonder what I'll think of this new arrangement tomorrow.

Last edited by Julienm1; 01-08-2021 at 07:39 PM.