Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap >

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

Old 12-15-2021, 04:45 PM

Thank you, ibex94. I just spent 20 minutes wandering around Amy Smart's site. A nice blend of traditional blocks and modern colors and prints. I am ready to make a forest of her pine trees. But this quilt will have to go on my "To Do Later" list.

NZ, you are absolutely right. If we post our finishes it is inspiring to potential swappers and yes to the lurkers, too.
Old 12-16-2021, 09:37 PM

Thank you, ibex94. I have not work on any of my quilt lately, but am tempted to make the xmas tree for the holiday....
Old 12-22-2021, 02:14 PM

I haven't gotten any PM for the address for the last participant - did they get delayed or did I get missed?

thanks
Old 12-22-2021, 04:27 PM

Yikes, they will go out tonight. Santa was to busy he even ignored his calendar.

Old 12-22-2021, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Yikes, they will go out tonight. Santa's helper even ignored her calendar.
January birthday gal's address should be in your mailboxes now! Sorry. Thanks for the reminders.

Old 12-23-2021, 06:10 AM

I will mail my January package out this morning. Don't worry about being late, WMUTeach. This month is running away on me too! If I didn't have Katrina (age 5) telling me every morning how many days to Christmas, there is a very real chance I would miss it!

​​I have been baking a gazillion cookies and this year the girls are helping me with the cutter cookies. They love it and I hope happy memories are being made.
Old 12-23-2021, 06:23 AM

I was planning on lots of time to relax and sew over the holidays. And last night I found out that DS decided to come for a visit. He's probably already on the road and should show up late tomorrow or early Saturday. Not sure how long he plans on staying.

He told his Dad that he wants to learn how to do some sheetrock work, so that means DH better get busy the next two days so the walls will be ready to put sheetrock up.

This will be the first Christmas that DH and I haven't spent by ourselves since DS graduated and moved south for his new job. Think that as over 10 years ago.
Old 12-23-2021, 08:21 AM

Macybaby, This is the first Christmas I have had with one of my daughters in about 20 years. She has her own set of challenges and driving and panic attacks are one of them. But she has slowly been on the mend for the past couple of years and will be arriving at my home in about 6 hours. A four hour drive, Yeah! It will be lovely to have her for Christmas, just the two of us. My son and wife are coming on Sunday for a cooking together Christmas celebration. More Yeah! Third child and family are in Florida with her father. How can you turn down sun, sand and 65 degrees when we have clouds, rain and 40 degree?

Not likely much sewing going on over the holidays except with my Zoom group on Tuesday afternoon. Would like to make more green and white four-patches for a donation quilt. Yes, they are 2.5's .

January Birthday squares will go in the mail this afternoon. A third Yeah!
Old 12-23-2021, 09:15 AM

Correction for our January Birthday Gal.

Aborning's birthday is January 14

Still plenty of time to get her sweet treats in the mail.
Old 12-23-2021, 03:57 PM
Power Poster

My last little package will go out to Aborning tomorrow morning... It's kind of sad to see the swap end. Hope you have a wonderful birthday and Christmas, Audrey!