Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Bobbins for Rotary Singer 115 Treadle >

Bobbins for Rotary Singer 115 Treadle

Bobbins for Rotary Singer 115 Treadle

Old 01-14-2021, 02:22 PM

Default Bobbins for Rotary Singer 115 Treadle

I have had a Singer Rotary 115 treadle for some time. I figured that the bobbins in the drawer were the correct ones, however, they are not. I want to sell the machine but first I have to have some bobbins for the buyer. Does anyone has a source for the correct bobbins for this machine. The class 15 and 66 bobbins will not work. I would appreciate anyone's help in finding these bobbins.
Old 01-14-2021, 06:38 PM

National treasure, as far as bobbins and bobbin reference (needles, too)
https://www.thethreadexchange.com/mi...bin-style-info
Old 01-15-2021, 06:02 AM

The 115 bobbins are type L. I found them at Cutex (Sewing Supply?) Other vendors probably carry them too, as the bobbin is used in some industrial machines.
Old 01-15-2021, 07:10 AM

Yes, lots of places to get "L" style/type bobbins. I found it interesting https://www.cutexsewingsupplies.com/...32221185671221 that it does not list Singer 115 in models it fits, although it does list the 206, but not the 319. I also saw some "L" bobbins on Amazon that were aluminum.

I was glad to see the link that grennen posted did say that the bobbin for the 115 was a style "L." I have a list that for bobbins that has some errors in it. I think it was for Necchi bobbins.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)

Old 01-15-2021, 10:35 AM

I gave my 115 to the VSM museum in Tulsa.
Old 01-16-2021, 05:50 PM

Sewing with my 115 hc today, with a freshly wound L bobbin from Cutex. Happy to report it works great!
Old 01-17-2021, 08:26 AM

Do we get to see pictures, Blackberry?
Old 01-17-2021, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
Yes, lots of places to get "L" style/type bobbins. I found it interesting https://www.cutexsewingsupplies.com/...32221185671221 that it does not list Singer 115 in models it fits, although it does list the 206, but not the 319. I also saw some "L" bobbins on Amazon that were aluminum.

I was glad to see the link that grennen posted did say that the bobbin for the 115 was a style "L." I have a list that for bobbins that has some errors in it. I think it was for Necchi bobbins.

Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
It's the old cross-reference challenge and finding the number that works regardless of what the seller's listing says (fits "xxxxxx" and ). I had an early 70s Italian car that used the same sized oil filters as a Toyota Corolla. Once I knew, it didn't matter how many of the (much less expensive) filters for the Corolla (at the time the least expensive car sold in the U.S.!) didn't list my car.

Amazon probably has 50 sellers offering L bobbins,,,the trick, of course, is knowing you need an L. That link also has some pdf material and what seems to be a size template.

I haven't tried it yet for info about weird needle systems -- though they may be easier to get cross-ref info in general.

Old 01-20-2021, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by leonf View Post
Do we get to see pictures, Blackberry?
Nice looking machine with Tiffany decals, my favorite - Singer Model 115 Treadle

Old 01-20-2021, 04:08 AM

Default i am so satisfacted. greetings

i am so satisfacted.my english is poor, sorry . thx for approving my user greetings wally