Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--Jan 15-18, 2021 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Jan 15-18, 2021

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Jan 15-18, 2021

Old 01-16-2021, 05:01 PM

Rff1010—could you drop off the blocks at her house? Shabby Fabrics and Pat Sloan both have good videos showing machine appliqué.

sewbizgirl—2 out of 9 is quite impressive!

Cam’s Gram—sloth is cute

pbraun—ruler work looks good

I didn’t do any quilting today but did work on the fat quarter cabinet. Hopefully will finish that tomorrow. I baked a couple batches of cookies today 😋
Old 01-17-2021, 03:46 AM

Sunday morning update: I am in a Whoo Hoo kind of mood!
1. Finish pillow for my granddaughter (No progress )
2. Make more 4x4 grids squares (16 squares each) from my 2.5" squares - Goal of 50 (26 new ones finished, Found an additional 22 blue 16 patches from another project that did not get off the ground.)
3. Add binding to brown quilt and maybe hand stitch it to the back. (Got the binding on and now am hand sewing it to the back.)

So many wonderful finishes and photos of progress! We are busy, busy, busy this week-end. After virtual church and a Zoom meeting with friends, I will be back to joining you all at the sewing machine.

Last edited by WMUTeach; 01-17-2021 at 03:50 AM.
Old 01-17-2021, 03:55 AM

Cheese, great wall hanging, that is beautiful, as is your table runner.

PBraun, great ruler work, like the pattern for each block. And I like your rag quilt too. They are fun to make, just messy during the first few wash/dry cycles.

Vagabond, that is looking great so far. Beautiful quilt.

Old 01-17-2021, 05:33 AM

I did manage to get my two Project Linus quilts completed, but my L-4 vertebrae is screaming at me so it looks like my thread spool quilt won't get done this weekend. Instead it appears that I'll be leaning back on an ice pack and maybe be able to cross stitch.
Old 01-17-2021, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by lindaschipper View Post
I did manage to get my two Project Linus quilts completed, but my L-4 vertebrae is screaming at me so it looks like my thread spool quilt won't get done this weekend. Instead it appears that I'll be leaning back on an ice pack and maybe be able to cross stitch.
Quilting is supposed to be fun. If you are in pain...it's no fun. Take care of yourself!
Old 01-17-2021, 05:48 AM

Update: Backing pieced and loaded on longarm, batting pieced, still marking borders to be quilted on the 102" square four patch. Transferring designs is not my favorite thing to do hence the slowdown.
Old 01-17-2021, 05:59 AM

Default Sunday Update

Slow start for today, spent the first hour after I woke up looking for my Aleve because my arthritis was letting me know that it was still alive and kicking.

Panel four of the Bridge is done, I was able to finish it late last night when the fiancé was cooking dinner. I started panel five directly after, so coming down the home stretch with the sampler now - only one more panel after this one. I'm excited!

Will probably dig out my rulers and play with them later today, my brittle came out so good that I'm thinking of tackling my sea salt crusted milk caramels today. I've missed making candy and now that it seems like I have everything going in the right direction, I'm super stoked.
Attached Thumbnails bridge-panel-4.jpg  
Old 01-17-2021, 06:50 AM

I am working on making some small design boards that I just saw a tutorial from Lori Holt from Bee in my Bonnet (I think that is her quilt website). Also, just received the pattern for the elephant (Stomping Ground) and I am getting fabrics gathered for that. I have made one block and it is fun but very small pieces.
Old 01-17-2021, 06:53 AM

Railroadersbrat, that counted cross stitch pattern is coming along beautifully! In the past I loved to do counted cross stitch and after seeing your project, I am tempted to begin with a small pattern.
Old 01-17-2021, 06:56 AM

No pictures yet, but K & I finished the Ripple flimsy yesterday! She had a Zoom meeting in the afternoon so we didnt get it sandwiched as planned. She & her DH are coming here this am so he can clean my solar panels & fix a leak in my bathroom. We had high winds on Friday that brought in lots of Panhandle dust & it reduced the efficiency of their solar panels & mine. Then we will be able to sandwich my quilt & she can work on ruler quilting hers.