Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Calling on ALL Elna Supermatic users! I want to create a 3D stitch cam library! >

Calling on ALL Elna Supermatic users! I want to create a 3D stitch cam library!

Calling on ALL Elna Supermatic users! I want to create a 3D stitch cam library!

Old 01-18-2021, 11:59 AM

Default Calling on ALL Elna Supermatic users! I want to create a 3D stitch cam library!

Hello everyone!

I know this idea has been tinkered with before, but I haven't really found anything to the scale of what I'm looking for. I'm hoping to create a expansive, free 3D printing library filled with tested and working replicas of Elna Stitch cams. Imagine finally doing a ducky stitch without needing to do an eBay transaction! Just print your own or go to a local 3D printers!

This is largely an experiment, and in the planning phase right now. My ultimate goal of this project is to future proof our machines, and insure no stitch cams get lost to the sands of time. Save your originals, use a copy!

I need your help by providing images (in either a DM, post, or link to an uploaded library) of any rare, complex, or coveted Elna stitch cams done with the method I detail here!

If you'd also like to read, follow along, boost or comment on the Reddit post I made, here's the link for that as well!
Old 01-18-2021, 07:49 PM

Have you tried either https://groups.io/g/ElnaHeirloomSewingMachines or https://groups.io/g/ElnaHeirloomSewi.../search?q=cams

Good luck.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 01-19-2021, 10:01 PM

My mom got hers in the mid-60s and decades after she stopped sewing, one of her grandkids has made several quilts with it.I talked to corporate Elna in '98 or '99 about something else and for some reason mentioned the ducky cam. I believe the elna person said it was still being made [at that time] and I think she sent a catalog of every cam they ever made. Not that I'd still have it, but if it exists, it'd be somewhere online.