Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
The Perfect Fluffy Omelette >

The Perfect Fluffy Omelette

The Perfect Fluffy Omelette

Old 01-21-2021, 08:11 AM

Default The Perfect Fluffy Omelette

Fluffy omelettes are so decadent and classy...great for a Sunday morning breakfast...or dinner. Here are a couple of my tips for making them perfectly:

1. Use a nice, deep, saute/frying pan, so that there is room for the omelette to puff up while cooking.
2. Get your pan pre-heated to a low/medium hot. Not too hot, or you'll burn the butter when you add it.
3. Get some air into your eggs before cooking by either whipping the egg whites to soft peaks, then folding them into the lightly beaten yolks, or simply blending the eggs, plus whatever else you want to add, in a blender until light and frothy. (I add a little milk and some herbs and a dash of salt.)
4. Preheat your oven to 350f.
5. Drop about a tablespoon full of butter, or vegan spread into the pan and swirl it around to coat the bottom and sides of pan.
6. Pour in your frothy egg mixture and let cook, at medium heat, for a couple of minutes before you add any cheese, or other ingredients.
7. Don't mess with the omelette while it is cooking. Just leave it be.
8.Once you see that it is setting around the edges and the entire omelette looks about half cooked, move the pan to your pre-heated oven to finish cooking for a couple more minutes. When you take your omelette out of the oven, it should be dry and puffy.
9. Loosen the omelette around the edges and flip on to a plate. Serve immediately.
Old 01-22-2021, 04:30 AM

You can also use this process to make egg bites. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray; fill cups 3/4 full; add sauteed veggies of choice, like onions, peppers, mushrooms, spinach, diced ham or sausage. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. Keep in fridge 5 days or freezer for 2 months.
Old 01-22-2021, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by tropit View Post
Fluffy omelettes are so decadent and classy...great for a Sunday morning breakfast...or dinner. Here are a couple of my tips for making them perfectly:

1. Use a nice, deep, saute/frying pan, so that there is room for the omelette to puff up while cooking.
2. Get your pan pre-heated to a low/medium hot. Not too hot, or you'll burn the butter when you add it.
3. Get some air into your eggs before cooking by either whipping the egg whites to soft peaks, then folding them into the lightly beaten yolks, or simply blending the eggs, plus whatever else you want to add, in a blender until light and frothy. (I add a little milk and some herbs and a dash of salt.)
4. Preheat your oven to 350f.
5. Drop about a tablespoon full of butter, or vegan spread into the pan and swirl it around to coat the bottom and sides of pan.
6. Pour in your frothy egg mixture and let cook, at medium heat, for a couple of minutes before you add any cheese, or other ingredients.
7. Don't mess with the omelette while it is cooking. Just leave it be.
8.Once you see that it is setting around the edges and the entire omelette looks about half cooked, move the pan to your pre-heated oven to finish cooking for a couple more minutes. When you take your omelette out of the oven, it should be dry and puffy.
9. Loosen the omelette around the edges and flip on to a plate. Serve immediately.

sounds good! I will give it a try. I start with dreams of omelette and end up with scrambled eggs. I’m one that needs to have all of the white cooked!
Old 01-22-2021, 08:31 AM
Power Poster

Beating the egg whites makes it more like a souffle. It's light and fluffy and has a different taste then a creamy omelet. I love eggs.