Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone own a Panasonic cordless steam iron? >

Anyone own a Panasonic cordless steam iron?

Anyone own a Panasonic cordless steam iron?

Old 02-03-2021, 09:47 PM

Default Anyone own a Panasonic cordless steam iron?

Today I was watching a video from Shabby Fabrics and Jen was using a Panasonic Cordless 360 Degree Freestyle steam/dry iron (Model NI-WL602A) with a ceramic sole plate that looked pretty nice. My Rowenta has started to leak, like its two predecessors, so needs to go away. Has anyone had any experience with this model of Panasonic iron? If so, would you buy another? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPBy8AOVs6U
Old 02-03-2021, 10:51 PM

I had one but it didn’t have the ceramic sole plate. There were some things I liked about it and some things I didn’t. After five or six years it quit working on me. My husband, who is good with electronics, figured out what was wrong. It needed one small part. (I forget what it was called.) But we couldn’t find it and were unable to contact customer service. I’m now using an iron that was picked up at the thrift store and that’s probably how I’ll go in the future. BTW, as far as the steam goes, I never use it on any of my irons. They all leak after a while if you use steam. I use a fine mist spray bottle.
Old 02-04-2021, 03:56 AM
Administrator

i have the 360 model.
i love it.

it's at least 5 years old and still going strong.

i've tried several other brands of cordless, trying to find one as good at a lower price.
so far, i have wasted enough money to have paid for a second 360 and more.
(i want 2 cordless irons; 1 for home and 1 for away.)

so i am going to get a second 360 the next time i have the "fritter funds" to buy it.
Old 02-04-2021, 03:58 AM

My Panasonic 360 is great for arthritis in wrists and watching Ebay can find at a better price. However, my older rowenta will get HOT and stay hot because it’s corded of course.
for small piecing tasks I use a steam fast $19.99 at Home Depot, comfy in hand and small space management on my wool pressing mat.

QUOTE=SueZQ from MN;8458174]Today I was watching a video from Shabby Fabrics and Jen was using a Panasonic Cordless 360 Degree Freestyle steam/dry iron (Model NI-WL602A) with a ceramic sole plate that looked pretty nice. My Rowenta has started to leak, like its two predecessors, so needs to go away. Has anyone had any experience with this model of Panasonic iron? If so, would you buy another? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPBy8AOVs6U[/QUOTE]
Old 02-04-2021, 04:04 AM

I have one and have used it without issue LOVE it! I press as I sew so it is right next to my sewing machine, and I use if for this purpose only. The final pressing of the top I use my corded iron.
Old 02-04-2021, 05:39 AM

I have one and really like it when I'm setting up a temporary ironing station next to my sewing machine for paper piecing, where I need to iron small amounts very often.

I have found that when I am chain piecing, the iron won't stay hot enough for me to get everything pressed. I have to keep putting it back into the cradle for a bit before I can press again. It does heat up pretty fast though., Part of the issue is that my ironing board is about 30" x 50" so I can lay out a lot of pieces at one time for ironing.

I'm glad I have it, but I know it wouldn't work for me as my main iron.
Old 02-04-2021, 05:57 AM

Mine is new. I love the cordless feature! The only negative thing I can say is that it seems heavy when sitting and using/lifting repeatedly next to sewing cabinet. The next day, my shoulder was sore. It is pointed at both ends, so it has to be returned to its base to be temporarily hands free, like adjusting fabric's wrinkles, etc. I wish I could set it down for a second while I adjust, but it might scorch. I absolutely love the ceramic sole plate. Glides like greased lightning.
Old 02-04-2021, 06:22 AM

I’m on my 2nd one. The first one started leaking after a few years so I replaced it. The second one is about 2 years old, and it leaks if I fill it up with water. So I only fill it about 1/2 way. Other than that I love it! I love the fact that it’s cordless.
Old 02-04-2021, 07:04 AM

I too own this amazing iron and I truly like it. Not having to deal with a cord....well its just priceless. I made this purchase about three months ago from Amazon. There were so many great reviews and the thought of not having to deal with a cord, well I made the plunge. Once in awhile, I feel the iron is starting to cool so I return it to the base. It heats up very quickly. For me, returning the unit to its base for a quick heat-up outweighs the struggle of a cord. It's a really cute iron and that's fun too!
Old 02-04-2021, 07:29 AM
Power Poster

I've had my eye on what for awhile now. Does it get hot enough?