Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
HQ sweet sixteen pricing for used >

HQ sweet sixteen pricing for used

HQ sweet sixteen pricing for used

Old 04-02-2021, 05:58 AM

Default HQ sweet sixteen pricing for used

My friends mother passed away and ive been trying to help her she’s not a quilter with figuring out how to sell her mother’s HQ sweet sixteen quilter. I looked and it has 1,107,543 stitches is that considered a lot for that type of machine. Any idea of what it’s worth. It has all the basics it came with nothing extra. Please help me.

Old 04-02-2021, 06:44 AM
mkc

Go onto FB marketplace, in particular the "Longarms and Accessories" for sale group. There you can search what the going prices are. In general, you are likely looking in the $2500-3000 range for asking price, IIRC, although I have seen both higher and lower asking prices than that range.
Old 04-02-2021, 04:18 PM

A Handi Quilter needs a full tune-up when it reaches 13,000,000, so 1 million is not very many stitches.

If it has a flat screen, it's very old and may not even have a stitch regulator. If it has a tilting screen, it's a newer machine and should have the stitch regulator. It also depends on what table is with it. Is it the sit down machine? Does it have the overlay on the table top? Or is it on a stand-up frame? The Quilt-a-table is the old version. Or it could be on the Loft frame or the Little Foot Frame.
Old 04-03-2021, 06:29 AM
Power Poster

Handiquilter have always been known for great customer service via phone. I am sure they will help you figure out the details of your machine, and which model of the S16 it is, it's options etc. While I am sure they will not make suggestions as to current value, I bet they will tell you the original MSRP, as a starting point.

Maybe consider keeping the machine for yourself??
Old 04-03-2021, 09:19 AM

If it is a Sweet Sixteen, then it is the same model as I have except my Tiara 1 is branded Babylock.
I purchased it used with a few less stitches (not that it matters...that is a low stitch count.) for $2500.00. I got the bobbin winder, table, overlay and she threw in a bunch of rulers and the Tru Stitch regulator. She would have given me a bunch of fabric too, as she was relocating to an assisted living place...but I didn't think I could get it over the border.
Do you have any of these accessories with it? That would make a difference in the price, but I would agree that 2500 - 3000 is in the ball park.
Also, I bought mine off of Craig's List, if that helps as to where to advertise it.

Watson