Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21*** >

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Old 04-30-2021, 08:00 AM

Default Sign-ups end tonight!

Anyone else out there who wants to join the group? Come on! I know there are at least a couple of former Boomers considering it!

BTW, I emailed back and forth with Libster recently. She won't be joining us this round because her plate is full right now. She says to say she misses us all this time but she'll stop in and say hello.
Old 04-30-2021, 12:11 PM

I would love to sign up twice as I have two awesome fabrics ready to go!!!!
Old 04-30-2021, 12:13 PM

I have the perfect plan for this fabric. I am so excited to get going.

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
I will be trying on my fabric before I do it on anyone else's fabric. We'll see what happens.... And, tahdah, here is my BOOM 26 fabric designed to drive you all crazy while I get a patriotic President's Day quilt made, thanks to you all! I have no color restrictions. Be as creative with colors or patterns as you want. George Bush (the younger) is the last president on this particular fabric. My favorite, of the ones that are from my memories is Jimmy Carter because he was always very diplomatic and a gentleman and loved the natural environment. I know he couldn't get the economy under control, but his core values were and are the ideals I strive to duplicate. I'm glad he is still around to inspire me.
Old 04-30-2021, 12:14 PM

OI posted it in the secret pal swap too. Hoping for a few more but I love making blocks, even if they are duplicates.
Old 04-30-2021, 02:55 PM

Sounds good. Thanks.
Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
I would love to sign up twice as I have two awesome fabrics ready to go!!!!
Old 05-01-2021, 12:35 PM

Ok, Boomers! We're just about set to go with a single 3 month group. We have 15 people, including two working as a team, and two confirmed (Hav4boys and JayneW) who want to essentially sign up twice to make and receive twice as many blocks as everyone else. Anybody wishing to do the same, please let me know.

Tomorrow I'm going to send out an email with the swap dates and info along with my address so you can begin sending me your F8s next week. Everyone will send me 19 F8s and I will distribute them and you will each make 19 blocks. You'll send me your completed blocks before the final due date and I'll distribute the blocks back to their owners. Easy peasy! When you get the email, please be sure you fully understand the rules about the fabric. (You will find that in post number one of this thread.) Please be sure to put your fabric requests (if you have any) in your baggies and make certain you've labeled your baggie with your board name (the name you are called on this thread, not your legal name). Remember when you send me your F8s, please send along a pre-paid USPS padded forever envelope, a pre-paid label or you may send me $8.55 for shipping. Whatever is easiest for you. All shipping costs are your responsibility. I'm sure I've forgotten something in this post but the email will be complete. When you get it, please hit "reply" so I know you've received it and agree with the rules.

Anyone with any questions, please don't hesitate to let me know. Thanks!!! I look forward to getting this swap going! Happy weekend, Boomers!

Last edited by Janice McC; 05-01-2021 at 12:37 PM.
Old 05-01-2021, 03:10 PM

I'm cutting fabric! I'm going to make 2 smaller quilts.

picture of quilt fabric #1
20210501_155404 by Kristi Brockschmidt, on Flickr

Last edited by kristijoy; 05-01-2021 at 03:13 PM.
Old 05-01-2021, 03:19 PM

Fabric for quilt 2

20210501_153212 by Kristi Brockschmidt, on Flickr

20210501_161335 by Kristi Brockschmidt, on Flickr
Old 05-01-2021, 04:27 PM

If you have selected your fabric and you'd like me to add it to the gallery, post a pic here. I will grab it and add it. It's helpful to have pix of all the fabrics in one place in case your fabric inadvertently gets misplaced from your baggie. The Boom 26 gallery is in the works and will be up and running by the time you get you receive the F8s from me.

Old 05-02-2021, 06:41 AM

I have assorted 19 pieces so it would be hard to post a picture of it all. It all Christmas prints.