Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21*** >

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Old 05-13-2021, 05:04 AM

Good morning. We’ve got a sunny and cool morning. A welcome relief after lots of wind and rain yesterday.

juliasb, I’m thrilled you’re excited to get started. Great idea to do practice samples. They can be a quilt unto themselves one day.

Reminder for those of you who haven’t yet shipped, please do so today or tomorrow so they’ll arrive by Monday. Thanks!

Hope everyone has a pleasant day.
Old 05-13-2021, 07:41 AM

I've made a few samples too! These will be blocks I can add to one of the fabrics I sent to you all.

CDC approved vaccines for age 12-15. Managed to get my 14 yr old an appointment this morning so we are dashing off this morning. He normally isn't a big fan of shots (who is) but he jumped at this one.

Getting my design wall cleaned off is going slow. I'm not quite 1/2 way done with putting together the basket diagonal set. We have a Latin final on Friday so that is keeping us all busy.
Old 05-13-2021, 09:48 AM

I just finished my 3rd sample and am pleased with the outcome. Now I will make my own block for this swap. I need to get the lay out of the F8th so I know exactly what I am doing. I am hoping that it will take just the right amount of the F8th to satisfy what I what I want to do.
Old 05-13-2021, 11:20 AM

Getting close, Boomers!

Terriamn
Marcialee
Ibex94
Bibliostone
Klaws
Juliasb
Sewbizgirl
Kristijoy
AHWU

Annt59
Nelco
Team of MJPEncinitas & Stcpawz

JayneW* - two sets
Hav4boys* - two sets

Have a lovely rest of your day.
Old 05-14-2021, 06:38 AM

Hello, boomers. The remaining f8s are almost here! Looks like everyone has shipped early and I’m very grateful. I’ll be able to work on sorting them out on Monday and get them out to you next week. Yay!

I’m busy working on my BH “Shattered” blocks as well as her “Carolina Chain” blocks. I tried doing them as Leaders and Enders and I can't really decide which is the main project and which is the L&E. I believe I’ve got two main projects going simultaneously, a first for me. I get bored with one and switch off, sometimes a time or two an evening.

Do you have anything currently in the works?

Have a fabulous weekend!
Old 05-14-2021, 07:50 AM

Ooh how exciting! Glad the packages are arriving smoothly!

In march I ordered a used book from Illinois. (I'm in California). After a month of it being AWOL the store I purchased it from actually sent me a brand new copy from Amazon. The store was really responsible and I gave him a great rating because of his integrity. Believe it or not yesterday the original book he shipped arrived. It's been over 2 months! Wonder what adventures it had in the meantime!!!

I spent some time this morning cleaning my iron. Hubby ironed a shirt with it on too hot of a setting and there was melted something all over the plate. I looked up online how to clean the bottom of an iron. I did the hot iron on salt technique, then let it cool and rubbed it with one of the magic erasers. Now I'm back in business!
Old 05-14-2021, 08:46 AM
Power Poster

I have a day of sewing little clothes for Ivy. On my recent visit to her, she had shot up so tall that she needs all new summer clothes. Grandma to the rescue!!

Upstairs, several-- many several-- quilt sandwiches wait their turn. Waiting and waiting and waiting...
Old 05-14-2021, 02:00 PM

Ivy is growing fast! Good thing you're her grandma!

Are you at the Canton flea market this weekend? I wont be heading up this year. I'm watching grandkids all weekend and grading. What a combo!
Old 05-14-2021, 03:41 PM
Power Poster

Ugh, I despise the Canton Flea Market, for a number of reasons. I have seen all the fleas....

Nope, just a quiet weekend at home sewing. Today I got a dress and a top made for Ivy. I need to go buy some buttons and elastic for her shorts and I'll be good to go. I went to Marshall's Dry Goods (from Memphis) about two weeks ago and got restocked on cute kid's fabric. I bought a lot of great remnants too, so I'll be making some small zippered bags soon.

I was just coming to the computer to look for a block pattern to try with my busy Boom fabric. I thought it might help if I showed some possibilities.
Old 05-14-2021, 04:57 PM
Power Poster

Here is the block I made with my fruity fabric. Pretty bold, due to the colors.

Second pic is a dress and top I made for GD Ivy. The colors look much brighter and prettier IRL.

Last are my beautiful tulips my son and his fam sent me for Mother's Day.
Attached Thumbnails img_1020.jpg   img_1019.jpg   img_1018.jpg