Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21*** >

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Old 07-05-2021, 04:44 PM

Kristie great finish and glad you had some enjoyable “me” time

We spent today at home painting and removing and replacing ceiling fans. I had planned to paint my porch floor today but with the temp at 99 put it off till tomorrow morning. That will be the first task in the morning. We plan on going to the house tomorrow, Wednesday and hope to finish everything Thursday. Friday we have an appointment to see a house in the exact area we would love to live in. They will review al offers on the 14. Nerve wracking
Old 07-06-2021, 04:12 AM

Terriamn, I hope you get the house if you want it. It is difficult to wait for that phone call. Good luck with the painting. Hope the weather isn’t unbearable when you do the porch.

Old 07-06-2021, 06:06 AM

I finally finished my great niece's quilt. I thought y'all would like to see some pictures. I will be giving it to her at her graduation party this Sunday. She will be attending Lake Forest College near Chicago in the fall. The school colors are red and black and she will be on the women's tennis team. Although you won't be able to see the actual quilting, it is quilted with a tennis racket and ball pattern. The last picture shows a partial front and back of the quilt.
Attached Thumbnails isas-graduation-quilt-1.jpg   isas-graduation-quilt-2.jpg   isas-graduation-quilt-3.jpg  
Old 07-06-2021, 07:13 AM

I can make out some of the quilting in the second pic. It’s terrific! Your great niece will love it. Congratulations on a fine finish.
Originally Posted by klaws View Post
I finally finished my great niece's quilt. I thought y'all would like to see some pictures. I will be giving it to her at her graduation party this Sunday. She will be attending Lake Forest College near Chicago in the fall. The school colors are red and black and she will be on the women's tennis team. Although you won't be able to see the actual quilting, it is quilted with a tennis racket and ball pattern. The last picture shows a partial front and back of the quilt.
Old 07-06-2021, 09:36 AM
Power Poster

Great quilt, Klaws! That tennis racket fabric is so cute. So is the quilting. Very special.
Old 07-06-2021, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Lovely blocks! Please try to arrange shipping so that they arrive during the week rather than on the weekend, if possible. Thank you.
Oh thanks! Glad you mentioned it....It takes 2 days right? If I send Wednesday....would that get there Friday? I could also pack it up and put it in the mailbox on Sunday on my way out the door then it would be there midweek next week. That might be the better choice.
Old 07-06-2021, 04:16 PM

Kristijoy, packages are taking three and four days. Maybe send on Friday or Saturday. There’s a better chance it will arrive mid-week. Thanks!
Old 07-07-2021, 04:20 AM

Good morning. It’s been quiet the last couple of days here. Is everyone recuperating from a fabulous Independence Day?

Well, things are moving fast here re: the move. Moving company estimates on Friday, new flooring and painting due to start in a couple of weeks, I’m packing boxes and selling furniture. DH sold our small boat. Good grief, there’s hardly time to miss quilting. New house closes in a couple of weeks and it seems we will be moving prior to the end of the swap, probably early August. I’ll let you all know in plenty of time when to switch addresses but for the next few weeks, packages will still be sent to GA.

Hope you all have a pleasant day. Happy piecing and quilting!
Old 07-07-2021, 05:44 AM
Power Poster

Good luck, Janice!
Old 07-07-2021, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Kristijoy, packages are taking three and four days. Maybe send on Friday or Saturday. There’s a better chance it will arrive mid-week. Thanks!
Great! Friday is perfect! I have a trip to town for my son's eye appointment, so we can swing by the post-office. I was folding this morning getting them all packed up. My design wall looks empty now!

Other than the BOOM I haven't done much sewing in the past few weeks. We leave for my Mom & Dad's on Sunday. They have a home on the Washington Coast where is cool! We escape there for several weeks every summer to get out of the California heat. Last year, of course, was the exception. We'll be gone atleast 3 weeks!

When we were in the RV at the Redwoods, I purchases a small basket weaving kit at the visitors center. It was super fun to sit outside at the RV park in my chair and weave. So I started thinking of other hand-things I could do while we were one the road. I decided to pick up a few crochet projects. Yarn is easy to stuff in a bag and crochet is nice and repetitive which makes it a great thing to do with your hands while you are just enjoying hanging outside. I started with some scrunchies and a small hand-bag. I found a poncho pattern which will take longer for our southwest trip this fall. That will be fun to work on in various beautiful places!

Good luck on your move Janice. My sister just announced she and her husband are moving too! They will be empty nesters in another year and are ready for their next phase in life!

Last edited by kristijoy; 07-07-2021 at 06:34 AM.