Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21*** >

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Old 07-01-2021, 11:27 AM

Hello Zinnias!

Sewbiz finished up her blocks and I'm just getting started! I'll be the late comer to this party! First out of the chute is Terriamn! Speaking of which, I love the block you made for me! Thanks!

MJP, YAY for the twins coming home and thank you for the block. I'll be in Encinitas the end of July... maybe lunch?

Attached Thumbnails terriamn-2-.jpg  
Old 07-01-2021, 04:14 PM

HI everyone! The blocks I'm seeing are just beautiful! I finished up one more a couple days ago...but haven't had time to take a photo. I have 3 more to go (1 cut out). My husband is having time with our son on Sunday so I'll have time to sew by myself.

I've been working hard on homeschool prep so we can start at the beginning of August! Whew! We started Chemistry early (so we can travel this fall without our chemistry lab) and so far it is going well. It's been really good for my son to experience the amount of work required for a high school course (with only 1 course to do for a few months). He's broken some ground in 'doing homework' before fun and keeping a positive attitude when something challenging comes up! He even just rolled with it when he totally messed up the lab on Monday and we had to schedule a time to re-do it next week. One mess up turned into a positive learning experience quickly is a success in my book!
Old 07-01-2021, 05:12 PM

Jayne, I haven't started piecing yet. A couple things are cut out and lots of plans in place but I fear I will be the last one to get everything done if the end of the summer is anything like the beginning has been. Your first block is lovely! Let's see what I can do to keep up.

I am heading out of town for the fourth of july holiday with blocks to sew and QAYG blocks. My first english paper piecing project is one of the blocks. If it works, one of you will be getting an amazing block that I found a pattern for and I have fussy cut out. Happy holidays everyone!! I'll see you again Wednesday or Thursday.
Old 07-02-2021, 01:01 AM

Thanks for my lovely blocks ladies. I have two more finished and then probably won't sew again until after the 4th. The first block is for Annt59 and is called Fall Fancy. The second is for JayneW and is a Friendship Star Variation.
Attached Thumbnails annt59.jpg   jaynew.jpg  
Old 07-02-2021, 03:38 PM

Smile My first post!

Hello Zinnias!

My name is Sara, and I'm a newcomer to this boom (actually any boom!). My friend and mentor, Mary Jo, introduced quilting to me when I asked her about making a t-shirt quilt for my oldest daughter. She offered to teach me how to do it! So that was my first project, and introduction to quilting!

I'd like to offer my apologies for my slow start participating in this boom, as I've been dealing with a very unexpected health problem since mid May. It has finally been diagnosed as vestibular neuritis, an inflammation of a nerve which caused me to have balance/dizzy issues. I had side effects from being on prednisone, but prednisone did help with the inflammation. My neurologist thinks there is some nerve damage; I will be starting vestibular PT hopefully soon and will get my old life back!

Back to quilting: Thank you for the beautiful and creative blocks you've made! So many talented quilters, I am in awe! I finally completed 3 blocks, one of which my Mary Jo has posted. I made 2 more and hope to complete some more before the end of the month (doing a home remodel project also....but keeping my sewing machine accessible. Sorry mine are so simple! Hmm, will now try to figure out how to post them...

Thanks again ladies and have a happy 4th of July!

-Sara
Old 07-02-2021, 05:16 PM
Power Poster

Nice to hear from you, Sara! Hope you can get rid of the vestibular neuritis.

Mary Jo is a good quilter and will make a great 'partner in crime' for you! Wish I had a sewing buddy close by.

Happy 4th of July to you too! Bonnie
Old 07-02-2021, 05:17 PM
Power Poster

Bibliostone and Jayne, those are beautiful blocks you have made. Hope I didn't miss anyone else's block, to comment on it.

All the blocks are so pretty. We are really out-doing ourselves this time around!
Old 07-02-2021, 10:28 PM

bibliostone, thank you for my pretty block. Looking forward to my autumn quilt.
Old 07-03-2021, 04:51 AM

Jane thank you for my beautiful block, love the movement

Biblistone 2 more great blocks

Welcome Sara, hope you are feeling better quickly

Everyone have a great 4 th of July weekend

Old 07-03-2021, 09:07 AM

Good day, zinnias. I’ve had trouble logging on today. Anyone else experience that as well? Anyway, I’m thrilled to see all your wonderful blocks. Now that I’m out of sewing commission, I’ll appreciate them, and you, all the more.

Sara, I’m sad to hear that you’re having health problems. It seems like each round we have one or two boomers who have had an illness or an accident. I hope you will have a swift recovery so that you can return to life as normal.

Hope you all have a safe and happy Independence Day!