Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21*** >

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Old 05-15-2021, 09:52 AM

The dresses are so adorable! And the block is excellent! Gives me great ideas for your fabric!
Old 05-15-2021, 01:20 PM

SBG -- ditto to Kristi... adorable dresses! I have been to the flea market once. I remember lots of food and too many people. I wanted to give it another try but this month ain't the time. I like the way you mixed batik with your focus fabric. I can't wait to get started on the blocks this BOOM. Consider my appetite whetted. Love the tulips! That was sweet of your son et al. They are lasting a while or is that a photo from when they arrived?
Old 05-15-2021, 02:13 PM
Power Poster

Thank you Kristi and Ibex.

The fabric I chose for blocks is a hard one. I think it would have made a better tablecloth than quilt! I know all of you can pull something off with it, tho.

The pic of the tulips was right after they arrived. Since then I have trimmed the bottoms of the stems and tore off the lowest leaves, freeing up room in the vase. They are doing pretty well, still. I change the water daily and use the reverse osmosis spigot rather than regular water with chlorine, et all in it. Fresh flowers love it! They are still looking nice.
Old 05-15-2021, 05:36 PM

Sewbizgirl. Love those cute dress and top.

I just dug out all my old patterns from past boom swap. Getting ready!
Old 05-15-2021, 07:48 PM

I've been playing with the navy fabric and the plaid that some of you are getting!
Attached Thumbnails win_20210515_20_43_16_pro-small.jpg  
Old 05-16-2021, 03:55 AM

Krisit -- those are beautiful! I like the idea of the white fabric showing off the pattern. Looks like something out of Elm Creek Quilters!
Old 05-16-2021, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Krisit -- those are beautiful! I like the idea of the white fabric showing off the pattern. Looks like something out of Elm Creek Quilters!
Thank you! I have not done a lot of curved piecing. It' was fun to experiment! I'm thinking I might make more blocks with these fabrics (plus all of yours!) and make a quilt that could work on the 'twin' in our RV.

Samplers are so much fun!
Old 05-16-2021, 09:06 AM

Sewbiz, love the dress and top for Ivy. Such fun to sew for a little one. I did that for my DG when she was little.
Love all the sample blocks everyone is making. It gives me good ideas.
Not only will I be making blocks for the boom swap but I am making a quilt for my great niece when she leaves for college the end of August. She is a tennis player so I found some fabric with tennis rackets on it from Spoonflower. I will post a picture when it is finished.

Old 05-16-2021, 01:17 PM

Sewbiz I love the dresses for Ivy. She is lucky to have a great grandmother like you

All the blocks are giving me great ideas. It will be wonderful to sew again. Haven’t sat down at my sewing machine since early March.

No news on my dd buying our house yet. Sad since we found one in hubby’s desired area and my second choice area. We would have to do some work on it of course but we both really like it and I think that’s only the second time that’s happenned
Old 05-16-2021, 01:53 PM

Kristi your blocks are lovely. They give us an early peak at the fabrics too. Now that is exciting. I am still playing with the blocks I am going to make. I am finally happy with one of the blocks. I love your blocks. thanks for sharing them.