Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21*** >

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Old 06-13-2021, 03:23 PM

Hav4boys The car block is for you. I opened the quilt magazine I subscribe to and there was the pattern for this car!

The Josephine Baker block is for Nelco. I know she may not have danced at the Moulin Rouge but she was one of the first of these type of dancers in Paris. DH drew Josephine for me.

my partner in this swap has run into some problems. I miss her on the tennis court too. Hopefully she’ll be back in sewing and tennis shape. I’m going to keep churning out blocks. When she returns we ‘ ll finish the rest together.
Attached Thumbnails d7941e56-5617-48e7-ac30-b3d7d35746ec.jpeg   e33292ff-8925-4728-bce6-325449e2fe91.jpeg  
Old 06-13-2021, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
MJP -- your applique is always gorgeous! Your eye for color is really good, too. Are you a quilt instructor ever for applique?
Thank you Ibex, what a lovely compliment.
Those two blocks allowed a wide latitude in color. I especially like working with color and Terriamn is open to everything!

wouldn’t it be fun to have a boom quilt retreat where we all teach our favorite method?

The next two blocks are repeats of ones I’ve done before

The Uncle Sam’s hat block is for Klaws. I’d like to hand embroider a few white stars on the flag. However this probably isn’t a good idea if you’ll send the quilt out or do it yourself in an all over longarm pattern. Let me know Klaws

The Elf feet block is for Marcialee
Attached Thumbnails 3634c007-9755-4d83-8edd-c181c361feb4.jpeg   703968eb-1a5a-456a-9126-75479ebbd000.jpeg  

Last edited by mjpEncinitas; 06-13-2021 at 03:43 PM.
Old 06-13-2021, 06:58 PM

mjpEncinitas, thank you for my beautiful block.
Old 06-13-2021, 08:58 PM
Power Poster

Love the blocks, AHWU and MJPEncinitas! So pretty!
Old 06-14-2021, 05:48 AM

Good morning, Zinnias. I'm back home after another long drive yesterday. 1,700 miles round trip. Oh, my aching fanny! I'm off to add your pix to the gallery. Lots of gorgeous blocks have shown up in the last week or so. Great job, ladies! Two things, please try to remember to shrink your photos whenever possible to 200 kb or smaller and be sure to post the name of the person for whom you made the block. It makes it easier for me to transfer them correctly to the gallery.

I'm off. Will catch up on all the posts shortly!
Old 06-14-2021, 05:58 AM

What wonderful blocks everyone has posted. MJP Your applique is fantastic. I especially love my Uncle Sam block. I won't be sending it out to a longarm so if you want to put some stars on the flag, that would be great. Thank you so much!
Old 06-14-2021, 06:17 AM

It is now at least 3-4 days that I have had a block sitting cut and partially sewn on my cutting board. Most of my time has been spent caring for DH or at the Nursing home with my mother. She is now officially in Hospice care and everyday she is changing substantially. My sister and I are doing everything we can to keep the drama down. There is a problem with a friend of mom's that was hopefully resolved yesterday. My sister and I are taking turns being there.
My plan today is to stay home and attend to DH and finish up at least one block. Thank you all for the words of encouragement that have been sent. Now onto sewing!
Old 06-14-2021, 08:33 AM

I just finished a block for AHWU. I hope you like it!
Attached Thumbnails ahwu.jpg  
Old 06-14-2021, 09:08 AM

I love your block for Ahwu. I've never worked with diamond shapes more than once or twice years ago. Do you paper piece it?
Originally Posted by juliasb View Post
I just finished a block for AHWU. I hope you like it!
You are the queen or Applique around here, mjp! Some years ago a few of us set out to have a Boom retreat at a member's home. Unfortunately, it was right after my sister died and I wasn't in good shape and also had another conflict. Happily, a few people did get together and had a nice time I believe. Love your elf block!
Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
...wouldn’t it be fun to have a boom quilt retreat where we all teach our favorite method? ...The next two blocks are repeats of ones I’ve done before...
Good to hear from you, Ibex. I'm happy yoy like the blocks being made for you. Try to find some time to yourself, too!
Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Love all the blocks but so much is going on in your lives since I was last here. ...
Kristijoy, beautiful rig you have there! I hope your shake down trip is a huge success!
Originally Posted by kristijoy View Post
Wonder how many miles I've walked back-n-forth up the driveway to our RV to get ready for our trip?...
JAyneW, your trip with your BF must have been fabulous when you realized he was going to love it as you do. So glad all turned out well despite it not being the perfect boat for you. Wonderful adventure!
Originally Posted by JayneW View Post
Good morning Zinnias,

Home from our sail trip, it was great! We could have used a little more wind (can't believe a Wyoming girl wants wind) and a newer boat, but it was so amazing to be out and about again! My bf loved it also, so maybe my dream of living on a sailboat is back to being more of a reality!

Beautiful - and super fancy- blocks everyone! I'm looking forward to getting started on mine this week - finally! Thank you all for being such beautiful people, I could not wait to get home and see what you all were up to! Friendship is a glorious thing.
Ahwu, you've made some lovely blocks! I'm happy you like the ones being made for you.
Originally Posted by ahwu View Post
Juliasb, my thoughts are with you and your mom.Kristijoy, thank you for my block. It's lovely.Marcialee, beautiful blocks.
I just finished a few more blocks.
Terriamn, I'm beginning to feel the bittersweetness you talk of and we haven't even decided 100 percent we're going to put the house on the market. We're getting a bit wishy-washy about it. I saw your listing. You won't have a shred of difficulty selling. It's a fabulous. warm home. Good luck!
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
...Our house went on the market yesterday afternoon. A very bittersweet time
We had a terrific time with our son and his DGF. We finally had the opportunity both to see their new house and to meet her parents, well heck, practically her entire family really. Very nice people! And her father has a couple of large areas of native plants as well as a pond that the butterflies and birds love. He raises Monarchs and he released his latest ones when we were right there. What a lovely sight to see them fly off and start their lives as butterflies. The rest of the time we did a little hiking, went to a petting zoo (we were hardly the only adults), ate some delicious food and watched some movies among other things. We squeezed a lot into three days. But 1700 miles of driving round trip was a bit much for me. Don't know if we'll do that again. Flying is the way to go.

It's good to be home and be back with the pets. We really missed them!
Old 06-14-2021, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post

The next two blocks are repeats of ones I’ve done before
OH my gosh... I was the original recipient of both of these blocks and they are among my all time ever favorites! MJP, your applique is the best!!!!