Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21*** >

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Old 07-25-2021, 03:29 PM

Good evening, Zinnias. I see 10 new blocks from Bibliostone and Klaws have been made and they are wonderful! Thank you so much for sewing such beautiful blocks. I will add them to the gallery soon.

I'm back from a whirlwind 3 days and this week coming up will be filled with work and trips back and forth to the new house. TravelingGramma, good to hear from you. Hope you are enjoying your summer. TG, we're moving to Hendersonville, NC, about 2 1/2 hours north of us in southwestern NC.

I'm off to see if i can get these blocks in the gallery tonight. (My computer is acting up so I'm using my sister's old one that is hardly any better.) Have a good evening!
Old 07-25-2021, 04:02 PM

I forgot to mention the block by Ahwu. Oops! Great work!
Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Good evening, Zinnias. I see 10 new blocks from Bibliostone and Klaws have been made and they are wonderful! Thank you so much for sewing such beautiful blocks. I will add them to the gallery soon….
Old 07-25-2021, 09:08 PM

This Rolling Pinwheel block is for Annt59. Only 5 more to go!
Attached Thumbnails annt59-3.jpg  
Old 07-26-2021, 03:11 AM

Totally off topic, but check out the new avatar. It’s a white squirrel with a dark patch on his face and a dark streak running down his back. Apparently, they’re common in the area we’re moving to. He or she is adorable!
Old 07-26-2021, 06:32 AM

Biblistone great blocks, you are on a roll.

We had an offer on our house at 10:30 last night and made a counteroffer this morning. It’s a young couple who are absolutely in love with it. Couldn’t make me happier.

TG your ombre fabric sounds fantastic, all together it will be to pretty to cut

Sewbiz hoping to hear soon that your offer was accepted.
Old 07-26-2021, 06:49 AM

Woo hoo, Terriamn! Fingers crossed for a great outcome for both you and hubby and the young couple!
Old 07-26-2021, 08:04 AM

I have been thinking of all of you who are moving or trying to move. I can’t imagine packing up all our stuff. We’ve lived here for 30 years and stuff just seems to expand to fill the available space. I thought I’d get a lot of stuff organized and donated during the pandemic. DH, I, and my two oldest kids spent a weekend clearing out my mom’s apartment, especially the papers when she moved to assisted living. I vowed I wouldn’t leave that for my kids.

I filled 8 boxes that went to the shredder. Since my sewing room is shared with my office I cleaned that up except for a small closet. DH took a load of stuff to goodwill. Then our enthusiasm waned. But we still have lots of areas to clean.

i listen to a lot of organizing podcasts but can’t get motivated to start. I’m going to try to clean up this laundry basket full of stuff today, even if I just toss it all. I guess I’ll have to wait until we move

good luck everyone.
Old 07-26-2021, 10:10 AM

Reminder, everyone, not to mail your completed blocks to me until I give you our new address in NC. It will be sometime around the 10th of August I expect. I'm going to bring this Boom right down to the wire...if I'm very lucky I won't have to make it even closer to the due date. It all depends upon when our items arrive at the new house. Rest assured though, I have the blocks I've received already in a well-marked box that is going with me when we move in.

Oh, goody, the dumpster is on its way. Who'd ever think a dumpster would be a big highlight in our week?
Old 07-28-2021, 04:33 PM
Power Poster

MJP, good job on cleaning out all that paperwork and other stuff. Remember Rome wasn't built in a day. Neither were our hoards! JK about the hoards, but if you want motivation I suggest watching episodes of Hoarders. I have been and it has made me start clearing out a lot of unnecessary stuff.

We got the house!!! We are going back up to Memphis this weekend for the inspection on Monday of next week. If there are no surprises, we close on Sept. 29. Seems like so far away but I'm sure the time will fly.

Janice, my kids have a dumpster behind their house. They are still remodeling, tearing out wall, etc.
Old 07-28-2021, 05:08 PM

That’s awesome Sewbiz! I’m happy for you. Are you moving there permanently?