Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21*** >

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Old 07-19-2021, 10:21 PM

thank you everyone for the beautiful blocks. Been a busy week for so many of you. Me and my partner have been making family tree throws and wall hangings. lots of shopping bags as you can't use plastic in Maine any more. Yes I live in NH, but right on the line and all my family is in Maine.
I had exciting news, my granddaughter got engaged and she is expecting her first baby and its a girl. We are all so excited.
Happy sewing for those that have blocks left. Great jobs.
Old 07-20-2021, 06:40 AM
Power Poster

Thank you for my block, stcpaws. All the blocks look great!
Old 07-20-2021, 06:42 AM
Power Poster

Congrats on your upcoming great-great granddaughter, marcialee!
Old 07-20-2021, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
More from stcpaws. The first two are more city blocks from Tula Pink’s book. These are for Biblio and Sewbiz. The last block is Oh Susanna for kristijoy

Between the two of us we only have one more, jaynes striped fabric to complete. I wanted to make a sailboat for her but a mustard ocean seems to weird. We’ll see.
MJP, you have permission to use another color for the ocean! You know how I feel about sailboats!!!!! Go for it!
Old 07-20-2021, 02:14 PM

Mjp/paws. Thank you for my block. The colors match perfectly.
Old 07-20-2021, 06:26 PM

Good evening, Zinnias! Hope everyone has had a good couple of days. I've caught up on the pictures posted by JayneW and Stcpawz. Wonderful work, ladies. Stcpawz, you've been doing lovely work on your first Boom. Thank you so much for your beautiful efforts. And Jayne, I'm glad to see you made it home safely and that you've jumped back into block making. Marcialee, congratulations on your great-grand who is on the way. It's always the happiest of news for me to hear. Babies! SBG, its no easy chore decluttering. Good luck.

We've been shuffled around again on moving dates by the moving company so now we've got more time to pack. The rest of this week is hectic and I may not be around too much. The new house closes on Friday and we're going up for a walk through. All should go well and it should be ours by early afternoon. Then both my eldest son, his DW and the grand, and my younger son and his DGF will descend upon the house for a visit. I'm so looking forward to it. It's been quite a while (a couple of years I guess) since I've seen both of them at the same time. Lucky me!

Have a pleasant evening!

Old 07-21-2021, 04:31 AM

Stcpaws way to go on your blocks

macialee congratulations on your grandchild to be.

Sewwbiz good luck house hunting in Memphis

Janice I am jealous on fast you are moving in to your new place. We close on the 30 th of August and moving company will move our furniture from our storage locker on the 31. The second locker which has all my fabric is rented for a year, we will take our time emptying it. First we need carpet removed from sewing room and a new floor laid. Hubby has a real thing about stepping on pins. So glad you will be spending time with you family
Old 07-21-2021, 06:52 AM

Wow so much good news, blocks being done, baby being born and homes being purchased! Such a busy world we live in. I thinks all is right with the world right now. Just checking in.
Old 07-21-2021, 11:20 PM

Lots of great blocks being shown. Thanks for the ones done for me. Here are the latest 5 that I have done. Two Peaceful Hour blocks: the Sparty one for JayneW and the other for MJPEncinitas. Next is Merry-go-Round for JayneW. The stripes reminded me of a beach umbrella so her WOW fabric has seashells on it. Next is Flies in the Barn for Terriamn. Last is a Sinning Star block for Hav4boys.
Attached Thumbnails jaynew-2.jpg   mjpencinitas.jpg   jaynew-3.jpg   terriamn.jpg   hav4boys-3.jpg  

Old 07-22-2021, 04:25 AM

I love your blocks, Bibliostone. You made 2 of my favorite block, the peaceful hour. .

Well, the movers won’t be coming until 8/9 now. I feel like we’re in limbo with half our stuff packed away and the other half waiting until we get closer to the big day. (Oh well, some happy dog videos made me laugh and all is right with the world.) And tomorrow we close on the house so there’s that. We’ll start bringing up some necessities (coffee pot and coffee ) and go back and forth with some more fragile items we’d rather move ourselves. There’s still plenty to do.

Have a great day, zinnias!