Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sew Kind of Wonderful QCR rulers >

Sew Kind of Wonderful QCR rulers

Sew Kind of Wonderful QCR rulers

Old 04-18-2021, 07:23 AM

Default Sew Kind of Wonderful QCR rulers

If you were going to buy only one QCR out the 3 curve rulers from Sew Kind of Wonderful, which one would you buy? Is the newer Wonder curve ruler a new and improved QCR mini??
Old 04-18-2021, 11:38 AM

OH my, good question. i have one of the older rulers and the mini. not the newer one. you should see what patterns are done with each one and then decide. i've not used mine very much. i did do a wedding ring but their cutting instructions on that did call for more waste of fabric. i had to really pay attention as i was used to doing them differently. Still came out very well.
Old 04-18-2021, 03:54 PM

I was gifted the larger (original) Quick Curve Ruler. I bought the smaller one for myself because I seemed to like those patterns better. But I haven't done anything with either... on the "to-do" list!
Old 04-19-2021, 02:36 AM

I have the mini and took a class to make a particular quilt. I was disappointed not to get general instructions on using it, so I've only made one other thing using a free pattern on their website. I do find the curves easy to sew but there is a lot of waste when cutting.
Old 04-19-2021, 03:18 AM
Power Poster

I have the older large and mini. The colored lines on the new one may help with cutting more patterns. I don't use it enough to get the new one.
Old 04-19-2021, 06:26 AM

I have the regular size one and the mini. I’ve used the mini more than the other one. It depends on what patterns you plan on making, though.
Old 04-19-2021, 07:09 PM

I have the mini and love it! I would like to get the new Wonder Curve Ruler, just because I love the new patterns they are doing with it. It seems to give you a little more detail, because the curve is tighter. I want to make Happy Together and Starry Night.