Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July to October 2021  Wall Hanging Swap >

July to October 2021 Wall Hanging Swap

July to October 2021 Wall Hanging Swap

Old 11-05-2021, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by skaduzy View Post
I just received Heather’s NY Four Seasons and love it. All paper pieced and quilted by hand! My old fingers won’t let me do that anymore. Even the label is hand stitched! Beautiful job Heather….it will be hanging in my place of honor on the wall in front of my sewing machine for the next 4 months. ❤️
Thank you for the kind words. I am so glad you like it.
Old 11-05-2021, 02:39 PM

Default Received my WH from fatsewcat!!

So happy to receive this lovely Wallhanging. Fatsewcat…you did a beautiful job on this…it is bright and bold and expertly constructed…and, if you knew me better, you would know I’m a “bright and bold” girl… so you nailed it! Thank you, so much, for Wallhanging and your generous gift of fabric…so appreciate your thoughtful note and super happy you joined our swap!! Thank you, again!
Attached Thumbnails 5d86c33a-ac24-45a4-a754-669d8fa93b5d.jpeg  
Old 11-05-2021, 02:41 PM

Anna!!! So happy you love your WH and goodies!! I love making these knowing they are going to my friend’s home! And, I don’t hand embroidery for just anyone!! Lol…Hugs!!

Last edited by Teen; 11-05-2021 at 02:44 PM.
Old 11-05-2021, 02:42 PM

Skaduzy….your WH is beautiful…Heathermom did an amazing job on this. I was so impressed when she shared it. Are you loving the new swappers, or what? So sweet…
Old 11-05-2021, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Rumbols View Post
Hey Teen, how you doing? Probably sewing up a storm.
Got two more Christmas quilts to complete. Then the wrapping, packing, and shipping. LOL

oh,,,just now seeing this, Rumbols!, I’m doing good! I’ve been busy sewing and winterizing outside. I’ll never get use to this climate difference in Idaho from California. I planted over 200 bulbs…I know…a bit excessive but I sucked at bulbs in Calif…In Idaho, I can plant them and leave them in all year…I’m liking that since my tulips and hollyhocks were gorgeous this last Spring. Hollyhocks lasted until September so I must have done something right. I planted Iris, daffodils, more tulips, and lillies…. Can’t wait to see what comes up in the spring. Hope you are doing well and the family situation is working itself out and not taxing you. Hugs!
Old 11-06-2021, 06:44 PM

Lena1952 I apologize for the late response. My son who lives in Colorado called me in the middle of the night to ask if I could pick him up from the airport when I got off of work yesterday and it has been a whirlwind since. It was a total shock and surprise that he was coming home and on top of that, depending on his mood, he just might stay through Thanksgiving. Another surprise I wasn't expecting. But as importantly. . . Thank you soo very much for the beautiful quilt!!! I strive to be as bold as you and do scrappy this well. I just can't seem to get the colors to play together as well as this little quilt does. I love it!!! Also, thank you for the patterns and chocolate. . . yumm. My stepmom loves to decorate for Christmas so I think I am going to have to knock out one of these little tree quilts for her to hang somewhere. They are so cute. Thank you again. Here's a picture of what what in my squishy.

Teen - You are very welcome. I am glad you like your little and the fabric I sent. Enjoy.

Last edited by fatsewcat; 10-05-2022 at 09:00 AM.
Old 11-07-2021, 03:57 AM

Those are some gorgeous wall hangings!

Mine will be here around Christmas, and the recipient of mine is in the same boat LOL But I put in some extra goodies!

Things are same same here ... winter is coming! Have spent the last couple of days getting outside ready - what a ton of work LOL and adding in the pond that needs to be winterized and the garage emptied and the shed reorganized, it's been busy!

Hope all is going well for people, and I will be joining the next swap, and maybe I'll have more free time!
Old 11-07-2021, 04:30 AM

Glad to hear you are doing well, Teen. Envious of your tulips. Hubby and I planted over a thousand in the past 37 years and the squirrels dug them up and ate every one. Now we have a bed of daffodils, planted 25 years ago that still come up every year. So enjoy your flowers and have some fun. We are all fine here. We got our Covid booster, but doctor still won't let me out. So I sew, cook, and clean.
All the wall hangings look gorgeous. Very talented quilters here. Can't wait to see who got me!
Old 11-08-2021, 11:46 AM

I received Skaduzy's Cardinal wall hanging on Saturday. It is beyond beautiful. I am in awww over the applique work. The leaves and the cardinal are just beautiful. Thank you so very much for the extra goodies as well. Such beautiful work!!!

Attached Thumbnails image_67250433-2-.jpg  
Old 11-08-2021, 12:14 PM

So pretty, Heathermom…Skaduzy always creates gorgeous projects….loving the Santa fabric….!!