Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Can't prove delivery wasn't delivered? >

Can't prove delivery wasn't delivered?

Can't prove delivery wasn't delivered?

Old 07-20-2021, 10:46 AM

FexEx is the worst. Every single delivery we get via them goes to our neighbor's house, they have the same house number but live on a different street.

I like Amazon's system of taking a picture of the package on the porch and sending it to us, but Amazon has never mis-delivered a single package, so I've never needed the proof.

Those doorbell cameras don't seem to deter porch pirates much, they just cover their faces and move in and out of camera range quickly. The local law enforcement doesn't do anything with the video because these thefts have become so common. Having planters or planting shrubs helps to conceal packages from the street.

I get really aggravated with our insurance (medical) company. They keep pushing us to sign up for home delivery prescription meds. What a great idea - not!
Old 07-22-2021, 11:28 AM

I haven't had trouble with Amazon since they quit using the contract drivers. When they did that I had the same problem with getting packages for people with the same house number, but one street over.

I've always thought that getting mail order prescriptions was a bad idea. I don't want prescription meds sitting in my mailbox or on the front porch just waiting for someone to take them. And what if they are misdelivered? You're out of meds and they have no idea where your refills are. It doesn't sound like a good plan to me.
Old 07-23-2021, 08:32 AM

RE mail order prescrips..my hubby and I have been using this option for yrs w/o mishap. The drugs are cheaper this way, the postman has only made ''mis-delivery'' twice, and it was 2 houses away with house# similar ( I wonder if carrier sees numbers backwards). To insure, you can go to USPS on line, sign up for "Informed Mail Delivery" (free). You can get email, or text message each day that mail or pkgs will be delivered to your box, with pictures of what is coming. If it is not delivered, you can report to P.O. on line. I LOVE this option..I can arrange to be home when pkgs are expected.
the P.O. has just offered digital signing and option for delivery to another address. How great is that!
Old 07-25-2021, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
RE mail order prescrips..my hubby and I have been using this option for yrs w/o mishap. The drugs are cheaper this way, the postman has only made ''mis-delivery'' twice, and it was 2 houses away with house# similar ( I wonder if carrier sees numbers backwards). To insure, you can go to USPS on line, sign up for "Informed Mail Delivery" (free). You can get email, or text message each day that mail or pkgs will be delivered to your box, with pictures of what is coming. If it is not delivered, you can report to P.O. on line. I LOVE this option..I can arrange to be home when pkgs are expected.
the P.O. has just offered digital signing and option for delivery to another address. How great is that!
So what happens if the meds are stolen by porch pirates? The insurance company won't replace them, the P.O. can't replace them, and now you're without meds until your next refill. This is an issue that needs a solid resolution in place before I take that risk.
Old 07-25-2021, 11:19 AM

I had the same trouble with some medications needing my signature. I am usually here but didn't like that. Now they go into my mailbox down the street.
but now the mail person is putting someone else's mail in my box (the street the box is on!!) and i don't live on that street. whom ever it is just uses the wrong side of the box!! i delivered that days' mail myself!
OH I will say i now just get meds at the pharmacy rather than use my extremely expensive insurance pharmacy mail order people. hated them. I get it cheaper now too.
Old 07-25-2021, 01:33 PM

This happened to me, over 5 weeks before my package showed up. UPS sent me a message that my package was delivered.
USPO finally brought it to me, UPS answer was that they were hacked.

this
Old 07-25-2021, 02:28 PM
Power Poster

My package was found .........The driver said he was going by memory of what name goes to what address on the package and got confused?????? Anyway the house he left it at brought it inside and the driver won't accept it back because a person inside had covid. He told me I could wait two weeks and go get it. I said you are a moron, and shut the door. I did report him to the company. Our next delivery was a different diver. So who knows.
Old 07-26-2021, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
My package was found .........The driver said he was going by memory of what name goes to what address on the package and got confused?????? Anyway the house he left it at brought it inside and the driver won't accept it back because a person inside had covid. He told me I could wait two weeks and go get it. I said you are a moron, and shut the door. I did report him to the company. Our next delivery was a different diver. So who knows.
Wow! Unbelievable. He delivers it to the incorrect address and then refuses to correct his error. Tell him to put on a mask and gloves and fix his mistake *smh*
Old 07-26-2021, 04:47 PM

With Fed X. I always have package held at an Fed x store in our areas this works great. And as for Amazon...there are Amazon Lockers close by...so we pick up our packages there. Also pick up our packages at PO Box....that pretty much takes care of our needs.. might check if that is offered in your area. Hope this info helps. 😊
Old 07-27-2021, 02:17 PM

My grandson and wife both work. This was around Christmas and her dad gave them their present early because he works off and would not be home for Christmas. It was a nice grill. It was on their BACK open carport/patio. They came home from work and the grill was gone! Filed police report. Next day, because it was really getting days till Christmas she wondered why child’s jeep wasn’t in. Looked at her email. Jeep was delivered day before. Same day grill was stolen. Called police back and Fed Ex. Amazon said they would send another but child probably wouldn’t get before Christmas. Santa came though! Was delivered Christmas Eve. Police said people watching delivery trucks. Grandson lives rural and even though drive goes to back of house no one to see criminals. When they stole the large package ( jeep) they saw the brand new grill and loaded up! Dad rebought them a grill and we both the $60 lid for it for their Christmas. I can’t imagine what the grill cost dad!