Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August 2021 Pincushion Swap >

August 2021 Pincushion Swap

August 2021 Pincushion Swap

Old 09-10-2021, 02:30 PM

Default Brought tears to my eyes

Well just let me tell you what an unexpected and wonderful end I had to my day. It has been an extra stressful week. I work for the technology dept at our local school district. We had a bomb threat at our high school and my grandson spent 4 hours locked on the football field. Then another threat at one of our middle schools. What is the world coming to? Needless to say I am glad it’s Friday. I got home to find a large box and wondered “ What on earth?” I opened it and it contained a Samaritans Purse Christmas box. Again I wondered “ What on earth?” LOL. Inside was the most generous and thoughtful gift. Somehow she knew my favorite colors - green and pink. They are my colors of strength. Pink is for being a breast cancer survivor (almost 20 years) and green for my granddaughter who has dwarfism. When I saw those colors I felt as if I would cry. This is the most thoughtful swap that I have ever received. Thank you Dee (Dixiedolls). The pincushion is fabulous and the key chain is too beautiful to put in my purse so I will be hanging off of the craft bag I travel with in our motor home. You are my new Survivor Sister.
Attached Thumbnails d6572f40-2fd2-4524-9719-d9cf107e0eca.jpeg  
Old 09-10-2021, 02:34 PM

Default Trying to post pics within size range

So fabulous and generous. Thank you Dee
Attached Thumbnails d5ee1877-020a-4145-9de7-478f913a00d0.jpeg   c06a4c56-48a2-4739-ad50-e19d1f8a8dcb.jpeg  
Old 09-11-2021, 07:30 AM

Default Memories

I received my pincushion from RebaQuilts yesterday. I was ill and hadn’t checked the mail but when my husband came in from work this morning he brought it in. Reba, I love decorating for Christmas, so the box you mailed in was a gift itself; it made me smile. The fall dish towel is perfect; I wanted to make a kitchen boa so I’m going to use this one 😊

My grandmother died almost 6 years ago ( she was 99), and she left me her house. She was an avid doll collector and one bedroom was filled with dolls…FILLED! I gave them to family and friends, but kept one little Amish doll. The pincushion you made reminds me of that sweet little doll.

The pincushion doll is adorable! Thank you so much 🤗

I’m havng a problem posting the pictures; it says security token missing. Does anyone know what that means? I really want y’all to see my pincushion!
Old 09-11-2021, 07:33 AM

You’re so very welcome!
Old 09-11-2021, 07:34 AM

You’re so very welcome Nonnie4 💕
Old 09-11-2021, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by dixiedolls View Post
...I’m havng a problem posting the pictures; it says security token missing. Does anyone know what that means? I really want y’all to see my pincushion!
Probably because it is too large. My stock answer is
We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

I have found that only the big red "Reply" button or "Quote" work to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...p-location.jpg

Some additional info regarding reducing images at post #4 and images for the scroll and upload button can be found at #5 of quilt block ID?

Or simply - Make sure pictures are smaller than 2MB
Click on red "Reply" button
Click on the paper clip icon
Click browse - choose picture/s. (only 5 allowed per post)
Once they show up as being loaded, Scroll over to the right side and click on "Upload"
After the pictures show up as being attached, you can close that window and go back to the screen to finish posting your post

If you have an iPad I think the answer is
March 2021 Pincushion Swap
If you have an iphone, you go to hit the red "reply" button on this thread, then on the bottom of the typing box, there is a button called "manage attachments" under "additional options" and "attach files". you select the "manage Attachments button, then a new page pops up, and it allows you to select up to 5 photos. you select the "choose file" button, then select "photo library", it opens your photos, then you select your photo, and on the bottom of the photo it will ask if you want the actual size, touch that, and a pop up screen comes up, you select smallest (otherwise it won't load because its too big), then it goes back to the "choose file" page and you have to touch the "upload" button on the far right side, then once it is uploaded, also on the far right hand side, you select "close this window" (that one is hard to see, its above the upload button), then you are back to your reply, and you select " submit reply." and waaaa laaaa, your reply shows up with the photo.
Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 09-11-2021, 09:44 AM

Default Pincushion pictures

5559facf-8801-4b8c-b06c-7a64775a3f35.jpege8d94896-81bf-4a80-a68d-1aa35e7bb9af.jpeg9d69ebb3-9c0b-49ca-8d85-5cbb03866bee.jpeg

Now I need to learn how to turn the pics. Look ; her note card is a little quilt patter!
Old 09-11-2021, 09:46 AM

I obviously need to work on my picture posting skills. Any advice is welcomed 🤪
Old 09-11-2021, 09:48 AM

Thank you Janey!
Old 09-11-2021, 09:49 AM

Default Porcelain Belle

I’m so glad you like her Dixiedoll! I saw your name and I had to make a porcelain doll for you. She is an antique top and 30’s dress & apron with lavender because you deserve something sweet :-) hugs!!