Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need bolt of white but can't find it >

Need bolt of white but can't find it

Need bolt of white but can't find it

Old 07-30-2021, 05:29 AM
Power Poster

Default Need bolt of white but can't find it

Can someone direct me to a place that may have it?
Marshall's Dry Goods has "Dream Cotton" and I don't know what brand that is. However, they don't have white.
I like Kona or Bella.
Tia!
Old 07-30-2021, 05:42 AM

Didn't come up with all that much in terms of good buys but I did have a fun search. BTW. I prefer Kona "Snow" to "White", Joann.com says that is an 8 yard bolt and I think you can order whole bolts easily at the store but didn't find it so easily on line.

Found some different options on Amazon, different sizes of bolts and wildly different prices -- the joy of internet shopping!

Old 07-30-2021, 05:56 AM

Have you tried Hancocks in Paducah?
Old 07-30-2021, 06:18 AM

Hancocks of Paducah often has buy “more save more” a bolt is usually 15 yards at most places. Just bought a bolt of Batik neutral.
Joann’s has coupons right now and if you like Kona, you can get a good deal on a bolt and usually with free shipping or curbside pickup if the store has enough stock on hand.
Green Fairy has a great price on Bella solids, if they don't have it they will order it for you.
Old 07-30-2021, 06:30 AM
Power Poster

Dream Cotton is a Marshall's brand, MDG. The rep told me it was made the same way as Moda Bella at the same plant. I am going to Marshall's Wed. I was hoping to get a bolt of white Dream Cotton I opened my last bolt of white a few weeks ago. If not available I will get the wide Dream Cotton on the bolt. I want a bolt of red and black too. The red does not bleed.
Old 07-30-2021, 07:08 AM

Green Fairy Quilts sells bolts of Moda Bella for great sale prices. Yardage/bolt sales are about once a month. The most recent ended a few days ago. I think sale price on bolts was $88- with free shipping. Get on their email list and get notices of all their sales. Judi and Clint are very nice and helpful folks.
Old 07-30-2021, 07:23 AM

Give Marylyn Jones on FB a try. Lots of patterns & colors. Fast delivery ttoo....
Old 07-30-2021, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Can someone direct me to a place that may have it?
Marshall's Dry Goods has "Dream Cotton" and I don't know what brand that is. However, they don't have white.
I like Kona or Bella.
Tia!
SusieQOH, I have a bolt of white that I'm happy to get rid of. It is from Marshall's. It's nice, but I already have plenty of white fabrics. Just PM me and I'll give you the details.
Old 07-30-2021, 08:41 AM

I have purchased Northcott solids bolts from fabrics.com and fabrichut.com. It is not sold on the bolt but if you order a bolt amount, you will get the entire bolt.
Old 07-30-2021, 12:49 PM
Power Poster

Dream Cotton is $2.55 a yard for a 25 yard bolt. I haven't had a problem with this brand in any of my quilts and most are utility quilts that are used and washed a lot. . Marshall's sells all major fabric brands along with their brand. The warehouse retail side has so much more then what is on the website. There are $1 a yard fabric bins, fabric sold in six yards no cutting, lots of notions, ribbons, zippers, and an area for knits and fancy clothes fabric.

https://marshalldrygoods.com/shop/wholesale/