Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Sewing Machine >

New Sewing Machine

New Sewing Machine

Old 07-31-2021, 03:34 PM

Default New Sewing Machine

Happy Birthday to me!! I will be 79, August 3rd...I got a new sewing machine today.,I've been sewing on the little Janome for several years now, it's pieced several quilts..so I got the 6700 P Janome Sewing and Quilting machine, and I am in awe of what all it can do..in love with it...can't take that $$$ with you, might as well enjoy it while you can..Can't wait to get started on a new adventure in sewing and quilting..I have just about got my sewing room set up, I sold my home after my wonderful DH passed away..and my youngest daughter and her Dh had a new home built and a wing just for me.. I was married 56 years...so making a big move was not that easy..I lived 2 yrs and 5 months by myself..decided that wasn't what I wanted to do..moved into the new home in April..so getting my sewing room done has been a chore, I wanted several storage items from IKEA and due to Covid have had to wait on getting them, but finally got them all and the room is just about finished...My first project will be a T-shirt quilt for my grandson,,, his two sisters already have theirs that I made for them..Than I have several projects that my mom had started before she passes away, so making my mission to finish those.. I don't need anymore fabric, thread or anything like that..just finding a place to put everything up has been a chore..but loving every minute of it..I do have a huge closet which is great for storage of scraps, and battings etc...I got me a label maker and I have enjoyed labeling all the different containers with what is in them...that really helps when looking for something...
I love the Quilting Board forum..first thing I read every morning...I don't post much but read everyday...
Old 07-31-2021, 03:42 PM

Happy B'day to a fellow Leo! You sound SO excited. Have fun setting everything up. Great idea to label everything. Did you know that stuff seems to relocated on their own?
Old 07-31-2021, 03:51 PM

Thank you for sharing all your exciting and fun news!

I'm doing a reorganization project myself today, whew -- heavy hot work but almost done for the day. In another month I may even be able to find things again
Old 07-31-2021, 03:53 PM

Don't you know that is the easiest way to permanently lose things, Iceblossom?
Old 07-31-2021, 04:15 PM
Power Poster

Congratulations on your new machine and chapter in your life!
Old 07-31-2021, 04:38 PM

Happy Birthday and congratulations on the new machine!!! It takes time to get settled in a new place but once you start sewing, things will find a place to be that is handy for you.
Old 07-31-2021, 04:45 PM

Enjoy your new machine and your new space. Isn't it wonderful that you can enjoy both privacy and family all at once. Happy birthday...and l wish you many more productive years of stitching ♡ .
Old 07-31-2021, 05:31 PM

Happy birthday to you. Enjoy that new machine
Old 07-31-2021, 06:56 PM
Power Poster

Sounds like a good life! You are so right about can't take the $$ with you. After a certain time saving money for the sake of saving it is worthless.
Old 08-01-2021, 01:30 AM

Happy Birthday!
Congratulations on your new machine and enjoy this new chapter in your life, don’t forget to share your projects with us!