Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Baby, 2 Donations & Someone is turning 50 >

Baby, 2 Donations & Someone is turning 50

Baby, 2 Donations & Someone is turning 50

Old 09-19-2021, 06:07 PM

Default Baby, 2 Donations & Someone is turning 50

In the past month, beside working on the Mission 31 - Adult quilts. I finished a baby quilt, 2 donation quilt that used to be UFO's in my stash, and tomorrow I will finish the quilting of the watermelon quilt for a friend who turns 50 on Thursday.

The elephants are heading to Florida. The two donation quilts were for a silent auction at my cousin's Fire House. The Striped quilt was present with 2 movies, candy, popcorn and drinks and the Ispy quilt was present with 2 seek and find books, candy, popcorn and drinks. She said that a lot of ladies commented it was nice to see 'female' type donation.

It will have a heart for all those she loves, 3 watermelon wedges with her kid's names quilted in them, 50 watermelon flowers to celebrate her 50th birthday, 3 stars to represent our friendship - past, present and future. (we have been friends since kindergarten) and a cross for God's blessing in her life. It will presented to her with two personal watermelons (her favorite).

Thanks for looking. Have a great week.

Last edited by fatsewcat; 10-05-2022 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-19-2021, 07:44 PM

The baby quilt is so cute! the receiver of your quilts are lucky you are so thoughtful!! May I ask for the name of the log cabin pattern ?? I don't remember seeing that one. Tinker
Old 09-19-2021, 07:50 PM
Power Poster

Great quilts and the elephants are sew cute!
Old 09-19-2021, 10:52 PM

You have been busy. Your friend will be thrilled with her special quilt for her bd
Old 09-20-2021, 02:08 AM

Oh sew cute!
Old 09-20-2021, 02:18 AM

You have been a busy bee finishing all these wonderful quilts. I had a question on the eye spy quilt. You said you will give it as a present with 2 seek and find books. Do you make the books? Love all your quilts.
Old 09-20-2021, 03:09 AM

Love the watermellon quilt...you have been so busy. Where did you find all that energy?
Old 09-20-2021, 04:02 AM

Your quilts are beautiful! How generous of you to donate and gift all these quilts.
Old 09-20-2021, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by tinker View Post
The baby quilt is so cute! the receiver of your quilts are lucky you are so thoughtful!! May I ask for the name of the log cabin pattern ?? I don't remember seeing that one. Tinker
Thank you. I used the standard log cabin block but modified it to look like watermelons. The only think I really changed was the last two bars, split them into different sizes to give me the rind look.
Old 09-20-2021, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by copycat View Post
You have been a busy bee finishing all these wonderful quilts. I had a question on the eye spy quilt. You said you will give it as a present with 2 seek and find books. Do you make the books? Love all your quilts.
Thank you. No, I didn't make the I-spy books. I wish I would have. One was actually the I-spy brand of books and the other one was a seek and find book, both were found on amazon. I was just playing off of the I-spy them when I made the silent auction basket. One quilt looked so girly so I dug out this top for a boy's basket.

I have however made a matching card set to an I-spy quilt I made before. A lot of extra work went in to that and it wasn't time I had this time.