Baby, 2 Donations & Someone is turning 50 >

Baby, 2 Donations & Someone is turning 50

Baby, 2 Donations & Someone is turning 50

Old 09-20-2021, 05:15 AM

All are so unique and beautiful!
I would love to play in your scraps as you have such a variety-lol
Old 09-20-2021, 05:20 AM
Power Poster

Wonderful quilts, all of them. LOVE the elephants. Where did that paper pieced pattern for them come from? Also love the one that looks like sound waves. Great quilting!
Old 09-20-2021, 10:45 AM
Power Poster

I admire you for getting these finished and gifted too! Wow, I really need to follow your lead.
Old 09-20-2021, 11:09 AM

Unique, love them
Old 09-20-2021, 07:16 PM

love that log cabin variation! all are great. nice work!
Old 09-20-2021, 09:40 PM

Wonderful quilts
Old 09-21-2021, 02:32 AM

Very nice quilts and with mission 31, as you mentioned, all of them being very different, you are full of imagination. Bravo!
Old 09-21-2021, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Wonderful quilts, all of them. LOVE the elephants. Where did that paper pieced pattern for them come from? Also love the one that looks like sound waves. Great quilting!

This is the block I found on pinterest several years ago when I made a wedding quilt using this block. There were no links to the pattern back then either, so I created one myself to get the same look. When you find this image on internet/pinterest now it links you to a steroid site. I don't understand why people take something so innocent and use if for something unassociated because this obviously has nothing to do with steroids. But that aside, I then took the pattern I had already created and modified it so two elephants were upright. If you PM me, I would be happy to share my pattern. And I wish I had a better answer and direction for the pattern of the elephants in the picture above.

I hadn't thought of that quilt as looking like sound waves (black and green one?) but it is modified log cabin block I found in my quilt program. I probably changed the center nine patch block a dozen times trying to add a different interest to the overall block but I kept going back to this one so I decided to leave it alone.
Old 09-21-2021, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by tinker View Post
The baby quilt is so cute! the receiver of your quilts are lucky you are so thoughtful!! May I ask for the name of the log cabin pattern ?? I don't remember seeing that one. Tinker
update . . . here's a sneak peek of the quilting of a couple of the (50) flowers and the border (piano key - simple but quick). I used a crayola washable marker to draw on all the flowers and had to number the them so I knew I had all 50 on there. I was able to start the quilting around 7pm and got most of it done before I ran out of bobbin around 11pm, perfect timing as it was time for bed anyway. It went A LOT quicker then I expected since this is an 80x80" quilt. I have a row and a half left to do...just in time to do binding and label tonight and deliver on Thursday.

Last edited by fatsewcat; 10-05-2022 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-22-2021, 06:25 PM
Power Poster

They are all beautiful. You are very fast and talented.