Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • the angler >
  • the angler

• the angler

Old 10-06-2021, 09:51 AM

Default the angler

I have been working on a quilt where you should mark lines well that is what I did I got the 12 blocks made that way then got brain idea try the angler I hve to do 50 squares so it would make it easier
    I always thought you had to move the needle position and I could not get it just right. So got out my angler than decided to try it then watched the video FINALLY got it it is a lot easier than marking and a lot faster just wish I would have used it for the 12 blocks.
    Highly recommend the angler tool
    Old 10-06-2021, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by newbee3
    I have been working on a quilt where you should mark lines well that is what I did I got the 12 blocks made that way then got brain idea try the angler I hve to do 50 squares so it would make it easier
    I always thought you had to move the needle position and I could not get it just right. So got out my angler than decided to try it then watched the video FINALLY got it it is a lot easier than marking and a lot faster just wish I would have used it for the 12 blocks.
    Highly recommend the angler tool
    I bought an angler many years ago and it's great. My only problem is I keep forgetting to get it out and use it! I need to put it on the wall in my sewing room so I see it.
    Old 10-06-2021, 11:18 AM
    Power Poster

I use to use the angler but now I use the new Diagonal Seam Tape. I don't have to take it off.

Old 10-06-2021, 05:07 PM

I still like the Angler better than the seam tape. I use Eleanor Burns version (Sew Straight) which doesn't need a "key," so goes on and of really easy.
    Old 10-07-2021, 06:52 AM

I like the Angler, but having a drop in bobbin, so do have to remove each time I need to change the bobbin.
    Old 10-08-2021, 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
    I like the Angler, but having a drop in bobbin, so do have to remove each time I need to change the bobbin.
    I have the same thing, but I am able to tape it real good across the back edge, and then very carefully and with a slight bend, change the bobbin