Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Who’s Hosting? >

Who’s Hosting?

Who’s Hosting?

Old 10-30-2021, 09:08 AM

Iceblossom, I think you will have to contact PatriceJ by PM (and you might also send a PM to PatriceJ-2 to cover your bases) in order to get permission to start the official thread in the other forum.

edit

I'm going to follow along with the thread and all the fun, but am not planning to start the quilt until after the reveal. I know I can't keep up with the Harriet's Journey sew along and a Bonnie Hunter mystery, and I don't want Harriet to turn into a stalled project! I'm going over now to look at the mystery intro.

Last edited by joe'smom; 10-30-2021 at 09:12 AM.
Old 10-30-2021, 10:41 AM

Yes, I agree. Thank-you IceBlossom for taking the challenge of hosting this thread. 😊 I plan to sew along with you all. Now to re-read Bonnie’s post (for the 3-4th time).
Old 10-30-2021, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by toverly View Post
Who else has to learn to spell Rhododendron?
I shall refer to them as Rhodies till the end of my days, without spell check I'd be a doorknob. Rhodies are my and Icelossoms state flower.
Love the colors but will probably watch, only because I've barely touched a needle since October 2020. Maybe this will lively me up. I have been doing paper collage instead, a form of self-therapy.
Thank you Iceblossom for stepping up to the plate.
Old 10-30-2021, 02:07 PM
Banned

Sewingpup -- Thank you so much for the detailed reply! I don't have family either and this seems like a good way to keep myself occupied over the holidays. Heaven knows I have plenty of fabric in all colors!
Old 10-30-2021, 03:10 PM

Iceblossom, thanks for hosting this year's mystery! I always enjoy your posts and followed your previous mystery progress.
Kalamaquilts- so good to hear from you! Enjoy following along and do what makes you feel happy.
Old 10-30-2021, 04:28 PM
Power Poster

Quilt looks very pretty and some of my favorite colors. I am afraid I would get bored taking so long to finish it.
Old 10-30-2021, 04:41 PM

This looks like so much fun, although I think I'll keep my enjoyment to just watching you all do amazing things. :-) Good luck and happy stitching, everyone!
Old 10-30-2021, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
Quilt looks very pretty and some of my favorite colors. I am afraid I would get bored taking so long to finish it.
From the time the first clue is released on Black Friday, with a weekly clue each week after that until the “reveal” in mid-January some time, most of us are scrambling to stay close to current. I know I did — and I only did a half size quilt.

Bonnie’s blocks are complicated, and there is usually pieced sashings and borders as well. You might try scanning through the 100+ pages threads for last year Bonnie Hunter 2020/2021 Winter Mystery: Grassy Creek or the year before Bonnie Hunter's 2019-2020 Frolic Mystery to get a feeling for the process. If it seems like it would be your thing, join us!

Last edited by SuzSLO; 10-30-2021 at 06:31 PM.
Old 10-30-2021, 06:57 PM

I am popping in to say hi to everyone again! Hard to believe I just finished grassy creek a month ago, and here we go again! I personally love doing the Bonnie Hunter Mysteries. Her style is definitely not my style, but I do them as a learning experience and I have learned so much the last few years. That said, by the time I finish the quilt and put it together, I love the finished product. Both Frolic and Grassy Creek were originally intended to end up as gifts, but I couldn't give them up. Grassy Creek is on my bed right now.

I also like to purchase fabric kits to do mine with, and eliminate as many decisions as possible so I can learn. Sometimes that gets me in trouble when we are doing sets and i don't have quite enough to finish out a set, so if possible I try to buy a little extra yardage of each color. Last year I swore up and down that I would use solids this year, but I'm not sure I will be able to resist all of the prints. I don't have any of the colors in my stash except for the yellow, but it is for another project.

This year I may end up doing two mystery quilts. My mother asked me if I would make her one alongside mine. I'm trying to talk her into making it herself so we can craft together....but we'll see.

Good luck everyone, I look forward to all the pictures!

Old 10-30-2021, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
I shall refer to them as Rhodies till the end of my days, without spell check I'd be a doorknob. Rhodies are my and Icelossoms state flower.
Love the colors but will probably watch, only because I've barely touched a needle since October 2020. Maybe this will lively me up. I have been doing paper collage instead, a form of self-therapy.
Thank you Iceblossom for stepping up to the plate.
So good to see you again, KalamaQuilts! I was just thinking of you the other day and hoping all is well with you. Even if you haven't sewn much in the past year, keeping popping in here to chat!