Bob Ross painting

Old 11-14-2021, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
I can't stream and seldom can get a youtube to load. Outside the big cities a lot of the world doesn't have the connectivity to just watch something I was going to try zooming this year, the soonest I've ever been able to connect was after it was in progress for 7 minutes and by then I was locked out. the other times I tried it took even longer.

Anyway, back to Bob, there are Ross trained teachers all over, I think when Rob works out our camping places next year I'll set up a class for us, how fun is that? Why not, I say!
Sorry to hear that your connectivity is not good enough for streaming. On one hand, you do miss a lot - but on the other hand, many of us - myself included! - probably waste more time than we should online, simply bc we can! During lockdowns, that would be harder, simply bc so many things were done via zoom. Personally, I didn't care for it, but know many who did. A couple of friends took zoom classes and said they really worked well. Meh. Maybe I'll try it sometime.

Taking one of the painting classes sounds like something you'd enjoy, so I'd definitely put that on the list of places to scope out for the coming year. Anticipation is half the fun - what a nice way to spend the time until spring comes around!
Old 11-14-2021, 09:00 AM

Oh gosh yes, i took classes on the way home from work. They were held at the Senior Center I drove by daily. Well that was in Colorado. But you should be able to find classes somewhere. it took a couple classes to do a painting. slow but sure was the game. Not bad though.
I can't find any photos of mine but i have about four of them left. The ones I really liked. Go for it.
Old 11-17-2021, 01:10 PM

would love to see pictures if you run across your paintings! If I do run across a teacher somewhere where we travel I will take a class, but don't intend to take up the hobby, we live in a A-frame and I don't have any flat walls to hang stuff on, those walls are taken up with cupboards and shelves etc. I do have 3 small walls in the upstairs bathroom though
Old 11-27-2021, 01:04 PM

Years ago, my son insisted on watching his show. I remember saying something like - you going to watch someone paint? After I watched it, I was hooked.