Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Jenny Doan's tutorial Brightly >

Jenny Doan's tutorial Brightly

Jenny Doan's tutorial Brightly

Old 11-13-2021, 10:32 AM
Power Poster

Default Jenny Doan's tutorial Brightly

Its a beautiful quilt. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jigj...arQuiltCompany
I ordered the pattern and I rarely order patterns when watching a tutorial. I didn't need the pattern to make it but this one was worth showing the designer I like it. LOL
Old 11-13-2021, 11:23 AM

Oh, that's so pretty! Thanks for sharing the link.
Old 11-13-2021, 08:04 PM

I just watched Jenny’s new video last night and I fell in love with this quilt pattern and all the bright fabrics used in her sample, I quickly checked online and that fabric is available so I think I’m going to order it as my “collection” doesn’t have much if anything nice and bright to use, I think this pattern would really be nice for a Christmas quilt or a Halloween or Easter quilt as she suggested. I’m dying to get to visit Hamilton and all these very cool quilt shops - told my husband I was just going to take off for Missouri one of these days but he says I’m a bit “over the hill”🥴🥴 to do this alone. I’m 74 and drove from here in NC up to PA earlier in the Summer with no problem - as always!!! I’m hoping that maybe when we drive out to COLORADO for Christmas (our son, DIL and grandchildren live there) we just might make a detour - fingers crossed!!!

I love Missouri Star Quilt Company and all the wonderful people there who make these videos and send all my orders so perfectly and always enclose a “thank you” card from the person who packs my order.

Sandy in Mooresville, NC
Old 11-14-2021, 03:49 AM

I had seen this made up at my LQS. They were out of pattern so i went online and ordered it from Cluck Cluck Sew. So glad Jenny was able to do a tutorial on it. Every little bit of help is great! It’s so bright and happy and Jenny showed how uncomplicated it can be……
Old 11-14-2021, 03:57 AM

I know that I certainly am attracted to the colors. So nice and cheery. The pattern is easy and a good one for fast quilt making or for a new quilter who wants to make something that is impressive. So happy I watched to the end of the video to see her Christmas fabric version of the same pattern. Haven't decided to buy the pattern yet but It is good one for sure.
Old 11-14-2021, 04:05 AM

I purchased the pattern but haven’t had time to get to it…yet. I’m glad there is now a tutorial and will have to watch Jenny’s video for any hints but my experience with other Cluck Cluck Sew patterns have been easy to read and understand. Thank you for posting.
Old 11-14-2021, 05:18 AM

Love the design! Here is another example in different fabrics. I bought the pattern also and plan to make one with scrappy fabrics.

https://www.shabbyfabrics.com/p11693...Query=brightly
Old 11-14-2021, 06:56 AM
Power Poster

MSQC is about eight hours from me. I go about twice a year and drive alone with no problems. I have my cell phone for emergencies, triple A for those emergencies, and it smooth sailing. I reserve a room at Comfort Inn in Cameron get there in the late afternoon, get up the next morning and spend the day at the shops, get up the next morning and home by afternoon. It's a great three day mini vacation just for me.
Old 11-14-2021, 06:58 AM
Power Poster

MS had free shipping the day of the tutorial so I ordered the pattern from there.
Old 11-14-2021, 12:45 PM
Power Poster

Beautiful pattern!
I just listened to her narrate her book. All I can say is WOW!! Love Jenny!!