Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What’s on your Christmas List? >

What’s on your Christmas List?

What’s on your Christmas List?

Old 12-11-2021, 05:48 AM

Lindaschipper, Husband sounds like a keeper!
Old 12-11-2021, 06:20 AM

All I need is more batting. I am trying to work my way thru my stash doing charity quilts. I hope you all get what you wish for this year.
Old 12-11-2021, 11:08 AM

Well, I don’t celebrate Christmas but this year I did get 2 nice Hanukkah gifts. I found a real sweet Singer 99 on eBay and she is all set up and sewing great. My other gift is a light pad that will be a great help with my appliqué. At this time of the year my sweet hubby is easy to buy for ……. all he asks for is new books in his light novel series and latkes!
Old 12-11-2021, 12:27 PM

I also want a Martha Washington sewing cabinet.
Old 12-11-2021, 02:05 PM

Location: NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!
Default Latkes

Originally Posted by Sync View Post
Well, I don’t celebrate Christmas but this year I did get 2 nice Hanukkah gifts. I found a real sweet Singer 99 on eBay and she is all set up and sewing great. My other gift is a light pad that will be a great help with my appliqué. At this time of the year my sweet hubby is easy to buy for ……. all he asks for is new books in his light novel series and latkes!
Oh I love Latkas! Might you share your recipe?
Old 12-11-2021, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Anniedeb View Post
I have to come up with something new that I want for Christmas. All year long I have said that the only thing I want for Christmas is for my DH to get hearing aids. He is very stubborn, and will only do things on his own timeline. Over the last several months our sons have been gently telling him to get hearing aids. Even our 15 year old grandson, who has worn hearing aids since he was 3, has been after him. Third week in November he decided it was time. He has them now, and though not perfect, things are a lot better. He's going through quite an adjustment period, but things are looking up! Now to decide....what do I want??
This would be a dream come true for me!

DH's hearing has gotten worse over the last few years, but he says it is bc I mumble, or talk not facing him, etc. - even though it isn't just me he has trouble understanding. We've actually had arguments bc he thinks I've said something I didn't say. I don't know why, but he says my telling him he needs hearing aids insulting. To me, it's not any different than needing glasses - which we both wear.
Old 12-11-2021, 03:49 PM

This is not related to the original post, but I have worn hearing aids for over 20 years and they have been the best thing yet. No more asking people to repeat themselves constantly. No more missing out on conversations and lectures. I love my hearing aids!
Old 12-11-2021, 03:51 PM

Both of our daughters, and their children, live in another state. One of them is estranged completely from me and mostly from my husband as well. After over 2 years, the pain is still beyond description. I no longer celebrate Christmas.

Gifts for our grandchildren (4 boys!) were bought before we went to FL. DH will take care of getting them to the kids. I will spend the day sewing, a good distraction.
Old 12-11-2021, 05:06 PM

Default Windows

I would so LOVE someone to give me a gift of getting my windows washed! There are a lot of them, and around May--I think that would be awesome!
Old 12-11-2021, 05:17 PM
Power Poster

Linda, isn't your husband so sweet, trying that hard to please you?

I was just in a gathering of quilters today and the talk turned to air fryers. I knew nothing about them, but the general consensus of the ladies who had one was that they loved them. So yes, you really wanted one! JK, but I think you'll like it when you learn what to use it for.