Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What’s on your Christmas List? >

What’s on your Christmas List?

What’s on your Christmas List?

Old 12-17-2021, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy View Post
This would be a dream come true for me!

DH's hearing has gotten worse over the last few years, but he says it is bc I mumble, or talk not facing him, etc. - even though it isn't just me he has trouble understanding. We've actually had arguments bc he thinks I've said something I didn't say. I don't know why, but he says my telling him he needs hearing aids insulting. To me, it's not any different than needing glasses - which we both wear.
I might have spoke too soon!! He wore them gung ho the first week, and now "forgets" to put them in. He's not sure they fit well enough, and I'm running into having to avoid arguments about his hearing. I did tell him that I will no longer risk my hearing by continuing to listen to the TV at such a high volume, so he needs to do something!
Old 12-18-2021, 06:28 AM
Power Poster

My Dad was the same way. He refused to accept that he couldn't hear well. It was frustrating for my Mom especially but for everyone else too.
I have the same bad ears as him and getting hearing aids was the best thing I could have done. I'd never be able to understand what my sweet granddaughter is saying, as kids voices were especially hard for me. I feel like a new person!
Old 12-21-2021, 06:08 PM
Power Poster

I bought a lot of Go dies on sale this week. Many of the dies that I thought were too overpriced finally got reasonable.