Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
2022- What are your quilting goals? >

2022- What are your quilting goals?

2022- What are your quilting goals?

Old 12-15-2021, 03:23 PM
Power Poster

My goals are always the same. I quilt for my own pleasure. Sometimes the quilts go to a new home. I don’t have a stash but I have a lot of scraps. To me it is an enjoyable hobby so I roll with mojo waxes and wanes. Sometimes I like to try a new technique or get a new gizmo.
Old 12-15-2021, 04:55 PM

My main goal is to do something with my overflowing scrap box. Please don't tell me to buy a bigger box....I already did and it's still overflowing!
Old 12-15-2021, 05:26 PM
Power Poster

This last year has been purging and cleaning and redoing my entire household. It has been a process and I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. We have been here twenty years and the paint and furnishings had to be updated. The cabinets needed new lining down and to clear anything out that was not being used. I also went through my clothes and got rid of anything I couldn't or would not wear. (Hubby's too) Same for my sewing/quilting patterns. All of the drawers and cabinets were cleared and cleaned of anything I did not think I would use. So, what does hubby do? Buys me a new sewing machine and sewing desk. I think I might just break down the second bedroom we use as a spare and set my long arm up in there. That would give me the room to set up the new machine and keep my favorite workhorse where it is. After all, I would rather pay for a hotel room than have house guests anyway. I know it sounds bad, but rarely do we have company stay with us anymore. It is because I am getting too old to care and cook for visiting guests, I suppose.
Twice I have fallen down a planted hill in our back yard and jammed myself so badly that it took months to heal. I am seriously thinking of hiring the heavy work done a few times a season to keep it up.
Now, I think I can get back to my quilting soon. Mostly charity donations, but, some family newborns and sibling gifts. I have seventeen tops and backs ready to quilt. Finish those and make charity items.
Old 12-15-2021, 05:51 PM

Finish baby quilt for my 18 month old granddaughter ().
Make quilts for granddaughter due in January and grandchild due in July.
Become proficient on my longarm with lots of practice
Make some quilts just because I like the pattern and fabric, not for someone.

Plus sell our NC house in the spring and figure what will fit in TN house and what to do with the rest of it. Furniture, I mean. Everything in the sewing studio will be moving.

I'm retiring in June (can't believe it's really happening!) and am so looking forward to having enough time to quilt for pleasure and not because I am trying to keep up with my very prolific family.

Last edited by IrishNY; 12-15-2021 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-15-2021, 07:03 PM

My goal is to quilt up at least nine quilt tops. I have three half quilted and six full size tops in the UFO drawer. And about 10 UFOs, unfortunately. My goal is to make 2022 a finishing yet. I know I say that every year!
Old 12-15-2021, 07:13 PM

My quilting goal for 2022 is to continue making baby quilts for charity. I also turn the leaders and enders used in the piecing of the baby quilts to make quilts for my family. Win-win.
Old 12-16-2021, 02:37 AM

I've started to quilt a simple blanket a few months ago. My goal is to finish it.
Old 12-16-2021, 02:53 AM
Banned

1. Stop buying every single thing that catches my eye when I'm looking through Pinterest or quilt sites.
2. Start making the quilts that I bought because they caught my eye on Pinterest or quilt sites.
3. Make twin size quilts for the VA hospital and the new VA apartments for homeless vets.
4. Do the daily exercises for my shoulder and back that I'm supposed to be doing so I can sit at my sewing machine longer and do items 1-3.
5. Have fun do what I love!
Old 12-16-2021, 03:56 AM

B.zang, congratulations on your upcoming retirement…I hope it allows you more time to do the things you love.

sak658, what a wonderful gift to yourself…you’re sure to enjoy having a longarm in your own home. Looking forward to seeing some of your quilted projects.

I always post a list of quilting/sewing goals on a 12x18 poster board in my sewing room but I haven’t had the time to do it yet. I am in crunch mode trying to get a few Christmas projects done with only 9 days left. 🤪
Old 12-16-2021, 04:12 AM

2022 - Quilting Goals
1.Make quilts for three dear friends who have patiently been watching me make quilts for others.
a. pastel floral
b. mariner's star/compass
c. something blue ships or boats?
2. Make one of the kits that were given to me Start in January - Finish by..March
3. Sandwich and quilt three that have been hanging in the closet for a year (April Retreat project.)
4. Finish two WIP - (January and February)
5. Make 5 quilts from 2.5's for donation to Project Linus - fast and fun and get'r done!
6. Maintain an acceptable level of "neatness" in my sewing room. (Daily)
7. Make a list of patterns that I really want to make ( Soon, and include a, b, c. above)
8. Leave some time for spontaneous creation of quilts that are yet to be discovered.

Love this idea of setting specific goals. I will put the list in the front of my 2022 quilt history notebook and check off the finishes. Just printed a copy of my list. It will be interesting to check in from time to time and see everyone's progress.