Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap >

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

Old 01-13-2022, 03:28 AM

I will pass on the swap for 2022. I have to create something wonderful for me…with all my birthday candies this year.
Old 01-13-2022, 04:42 AM

Cuppy, so sorry you won't be with us for 2022. Lurk and find new ideas for your collection of 2.5's. There are many ideas popping up already.

I am so impressed with the ideas that are popping up on our thread already and we haven't sent out a single envelope yet! This flurry of ideas are a snapshot of the many, many ways we can use our little birthday candies in sooooo many different beautiful ways. Thank you , thank you, thank you!

Sewbizgirl, Thank you for passing on the word about JENNR8R. It looks like she will not be behind because we do not have a February birthday swapper.....yet. I will join with others in putting her on my prayer list. There is power in prayer.

Old 01-13-2022, 05:33 AM

I'm still on the fence for joining this year - mostly because I have so many candies on hand already (I cut up a lot of my scraps). Though I do love using them. I'll probably continue to make some of the Debbie Brown challenge projects. They start out simple and after I few I got sort of bored with them - but some of the last ones look pretty neat.

Here is one I used a lot of the Christmas candies on. this pattern used 4" blocks, so it was real easy to adapt to using the candies.

Attached Thumbnails imgp5469.jpg  
Old 01-13-2022, 09:56 AM

This is a fun pattern for 2.5” that I did. It’s a pixelated heart from the MSQC YouTube, very easy to do and uses a lot of candies!

Old 01-13-2022, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by LogCabin82 View Post
This is a fun pattern for 2.5” that I did. It’s a pixelated heart from the MSQC YouTube, very easy to do and uses a lot of candies!

Love the use of colors. I think I would make numerous ones usind the different colors and make a quilt. Thanks for sharing and make a
Old 01-13-2022, 11:17 AM

So pretty and delicate, LogCabin!

I love your Christmas Tree quilt, Macybaby! You certainly have an amazing touch with these candies.

I downloaded Debbie Brown's challenge quilt patterns. I think I'm going to be sewing 2.5" charm quilts for the rest of my life with all these ideas!
Old 01-13-2022, 01:13 PM
Power Poster

We will miss you, cuppy.

Love that Christmas tree quilt, Macybaby. Fingers crossed that you will swap with us!

The pixelated heart is beautiful too. That would look great in any color scheme, or scrappy.
Old 01-13-2022, 04:43 PM

Sorry you can't join us this year cuppy. We will miss you.

Jenner8r you will be in my prayers. Get well soon!

I started cutting yesterday and am almost half way done! I also got my birthday cards in today. Things are moving along quite nicely.
Old 01-14-2022, 04:56 AM

LogCabin your gentle pixelated heart is lovely. Wouldn't that make a sweet baby quilt or he center for a little girls "big bed" quilt with additional borders. It would be fun in brilliants or batik too. Guess it is just a terrific pattern. Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-14-2022, 06:52 AM

Four more days to sign up! I hope we get a few more swappers! I have 20 sets ready for the year.