Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
OK, OK, OK...WW, Here I Come >

OK, OK, OK...WW, Here I Come

OK, OK, OK...WW, Here I Come

Old 01-06-2022, 09:30 AM

Default OK, OK, OK...WW, Here I Come

It's time to start WW again. I haven't gotten on the scale lately, but my joints are telling me to get it together and get back on track. My dau also started a weight loss program and is asking me to join her, so OK...I start on Monday. Send over some great WW recipes, if you have any. I need some inspiration.
Old 01-06-2022, 10:55 AM

My suggestions, that aren't taking off a ton of weight, is simply to add veggies or increase the amount in every recipe you make, and to cut the white flour, and sugar, and things like raisens, back as much as you can. One of my favorites is to just take some frozen veggie mix like, cauliflower, broccoli, carrot, summer squash, and zuccini, saute it with chopped or sliced onion, and throw in a couple of eggs and stir.

Last edited by sewingpup; 01-06-2022 at 10:57 AM.
Old 01-06-2022, 11:20 AM

I lost 25 lbs of baby weight on WW but then last November they changed plans and all members didn't have a choice but to go along with their change. I hated the new plan and put on weight no matter how hard I tried to dedicate myself. So I cancelled WW and joined Healthi, formally known as itrackbites. I've been on it for a month and have started losing weight again. I definitely am happy again. Just my two cents worth. Best of luck!
Old 01-06-2022, 12:08 PM

My doctor has been on me for the last year to lose weight. I do listen to her and have gone up and down on the scales. WW was a great program for me and it is something I can be successful with. My problem is I can't get out for meetings and weigh ins on a regular basis. I don't drive very much at all. So little that is should as well be in storage.
I have a lot to lose and it is a daunting task. A bit frightening to even try to start. Right now I eat what is here, I get out to the grocery store once every two months and that does not work for fresh veggies and fruit.
Best of everything on your journey.
Old 01-06-2022, 01:37 PM

I signed up for Noom and lost 15 pounds in a slow steady manner - I really liked their "coaching" which one could read or listen to. I always chose "listen" and every night, I listened before I went to sleep. Then, as I got further in to their program, they stopped the listen option and now the only option is to read the coaching. I do not find this as effective. Pondering if I will renew later this month....
Just putting this out there in case someone is considering this as an option. Now their program is not much different than the others....
Old 01-06-2022, 01:38 PM

WW works. Just stay on program and it will happen. I average about 5 lbs a month and lost 65 total. Of course, the weight returned when I made goal and quit the program. So, I'll be back in the saddle again soon. Don't worry about classes and weight in juliasb, they have so many cool things online and on your phone. It is easy now.
Old 01-07-2022, 03:43 AM

WW was a good process for me, then I hit a plateau that lasted for a couple of years. Then whoosh back up to my starting point. I was not please with with constant change of program so, I just chucked WW and returned to limiting sugar, adding veggies, water and limiting soft drinks. (more sugar). Started the slow crawl done to my goal.
Old 01-07-2022, 04:28 AM
Power Poster

Congratulations on deciding to lose weight! I am trying to keep mine down but I just don’t have the energy to do much more.
Old 01-07-2022, 06:21 AM

I think we have to realize that our diet is what we eat. So long as we go "on a diet" we can go off it. The base issue to weight control is changing what we eat and why we eat.

I've been doing a lot of emotional eating in the last year. Some eating because of boredom. I should never let baked goods into my daily life, but I crave them so much. I have elected for now to recognize that they are not good choices, but to allow them and be open and not hide. Might not help the scale, but it is helping the mental processes.

But, I've also gotten really used to some things that a few years ago were harder for me to take. Things like we now use romaine spears or napa cabbage as "vehicles" instead of chips or tortillas. Is it the same as rice or pasta? No, but given a couple of years and you get used to a crunchy (or cooked) mix of shredded cabbage as a base for stir fried toppings.

Best wishes to delightful eating choices!
Old 01-07-2022, 06:46 AM

Just before Covid--think late 2019--I got really annoyed with myself. I wasn't really overweight and DH had been Keto for almost a year so my daily carbs intake had definitely diminished (why cook pasta or rice just for one?) but carrying an armload of stuff up the stairs left me puffing. I dusted off my treadmill and started walking. At first, my goal was 30 minutes. No speed or distance goal, just walking. I aimed for every day because I knew I could find an excuse for missing a day, or two...or just stopping.

It took 9 months and the weight came off in ounces not pounds, but by the time of my next Dr's appointment, I had lost 15 pounds and my blood pressure was amazing! She was thrilled with what I had accomplished. Fast forward a year and my 'habit' continues. I walk 5-6 days a week, aim for at least 2 miles, and my weight has remained steady. That is until just before Christmas when my dear old treadmill started sounding like a diesel truck. Turns out the motor was very close to burn-out. The new motor should be installed today and I can hardly wait! With knee, hip and back issues, I use the treadmill because I don't have to worry about the weather, ice, snow, or pot holes.